Erikkzu

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys, unsure what lugs to buy for running Tesla wheels, I have J2 lugs with the correct seat (32-35mm) but they are very long (and ugly). If you have any other recco’s lmk
Honda Civic 10th gen Tesla wheel lugs IMG_7377
Sponsored

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I am not a bit fan of aluminum lug nuts. They can only be torqued so many times before they need to be thrown out. I picked up these lug nuts for the Tesla wheels I'm putting on my Civic, they're marketed as Bronco lug nuts but I went with them because they have a large taper to get full engagement with the tapered seat on the wheel.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364625627437

Honda Civic 10th gen Tesla wheel lugs fgcx

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
I second this aluminum lugs nuts and bolts are trash. They loosen unexpectedly, expand more with heat than steel, and are actually trash after a few torque cycles. The gram strategy of aluminum fasteners is marketing, and yes anodized hardware looks cool but that’s about the end of it.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Factory Mazda nuts might be worth a look. They're M12x1.5, have the same tapered seat as Tesla/aftermarket and they're larger diameter than the Honda nuts.

rtypefk8

First Name
rtype
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
type R
Country flag
Great idea. I'll have to get these one of these days
Sponsored