Should I buy my 2021 Civic Sport When lease is up ?, concerned about AC compressor issue

portlander22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport
Country flag
I have been leasing my 2021 Honda Civic Sport for the past few years and have loved it. As I approach the end of my lease term, I am considering buying out the car and keeping it.

Just recently I learned of all the problems people have been having with AC compressor issues on their 10th gen Civics and this concerns me. I currently have 20k miles on the car and haven't had any issues yet. I've read on Reddit stories of people having their AC compressor replaced and then it would fail as well and they would need to get it replaced again.

I understand there is now a service bulletin for this including a 10-year warranty so if I did have issues, Honda would cover it. I am concerned that even if the compressor fails and it's covered by the warranty, what if the replacement compressor fails?

Overall what would your guy's advice be, if I buy out this car I plan on keeping it for a long time. Is the extended warranty on the AC compressor sound enough to keep me in good shape?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you like the car, go for it. It's as simple as that.

Nessism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T Civic
Country flag
Changing the compressor is easy. It's the evaporator that has scared.
Sponsored