Service guy: “no one drives these cars”

run42K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 WRX, 2000 ZRX
Country flag
took my CTR to the dealer to see if they could find the source of a rattle. Guy called Honda’s service center and was told they had no experience with the problem maybe because “no one drives these cars, they garage them or take them to the track”.

For me it’s been a DD, love it.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
took my CTR to the dealer to see if they could find the source of a rattle. Guy called Honda’s service center and was told they had no experience with the problem maybe because “no one drives these cars, they garage them or take them to the track”.

For me it’s been a DD, love it.
lol, awesome

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
My dealer has sold three. After my last oil change I got a call from my salesman. My family and I have been doing business with him since my father bought his first Honda in 1983. He said something like, "Well, I was going to ask how you enjoyed your first year of ownership, but your mileage already tells me you're still loving it." He then told me about the other two Type R's they've sold. Between the two of them there has been one single oil change. One. A dentist bought their other black one, and some older gentleman bought their blue one, and combined they have less than 8,000 miles on their CTRs. I have over three times that, lol.

TLDR

Your service guy is right, lol.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
I drive the shit out of mine.

It's my summer daily, I garage it in the winter to avoid the salt, rust and accidents.

Going in for oil change 3 tomorrow at just over 9,000 miles (every 3k).

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Even if I had a $100k Porsche, I would daily that car. Not worth placing something on a pedestal in the garage unless it is a true limited edition (1 of 499) or worth millions.

A car like the CTR is a regular production vehicle with a pseudo max number, but is not strictly enforced. If the factory builds more, then they will...its all about profitability

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even if I had a $100k Porsche, I would daily that car. Not worth placing something on a pedestal in the garage unless it is a true limited edition (1 of 499) or worth millions.

A car like the CTR is a regular production vehicle with a pseudo max number, but is not strictly enforced. If the factory builds more, then they will...its all about profitability
Honstly, I'd daily a 911 GT3RS. What's to stop me from driving an angry civic every day?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I don't drive it everyday. I wouldn't mind but it's just not fun to drive during my daily commute which consists mainly of sitting in bumper to bumper.
But it's not like I'm trying to garage it and keep the miles low.
I usually just drive it for everything else outside of my commute.

MYTYPE

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I wouldn't say no one drives this car as the service guy did, but he does have a point. There's a thread on here asking how many miles people had on their cars. I couldn't believe the # of responses from people who had them a while with under a thousand miles on the car. You can enjoy your car any way you want, never the less.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I sometimes wonder if a trained monkey would have more intelligent stuff coming out of their mouth compared to what you hear at dealers...

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
indeed. my dealer told me the first two FK8's they sold in 2018 were to "Honda Collectors", and they both planned only drive them on "special occasions".....mine won't be a DD, but I will certainly drive it as much as I can. The problem is here in Ohio, good weather is a cherished commodity, and the decision is hard: ride the bikes or drive the car?