Replacements for Stock Subwoofer / Process?

OP
OP
joemama1717

joemama1717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe 1.5L Turbo EX-T
Country flag
Your head unit isn't going to play very well with that 5 channel amp.

Swap the positive and negative. Sometimes the adapters are reversed and the speaker is out of phase

Screenshot_20240502-050555.png

Turn up the bass and turn up subwoofer in your settings

It's a free air subwoofer, it doesn't need as much power as one in a box

The signal the amp is send the factory subwoofer is the main reason you aren't getting much sound. It's crossed over very low so that it only hits on deep bass

https://www.autohack.org/

And

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/team-dewitt/viper4android-fx/viper4android-fx-2-7-2-1-release

Viper4android has an EQ that can flatten your signal and kinda override the dumb factory crossover points

Is what most folks do to improve signal before you start having to spend a lot of money getting signal adapters and more amps and speakers

Good luck👍

OP
OP
joemama1717

joemama1717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just went and now I guess I have to pay $1300 for that which I'm not doing. I don't know how I got sucked into this hole of having to replace my entire sound system when I just wanted it to work like it did before.

OP
OP
joemama1717

joemama1717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is that for the adapter on the aftermarket subwoofer or the one hanging off my car? The one on my subwoofer is soldered on and I cant switch it the way you suggest.

slowbrainfc1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Why did your subwoofer come with wires attached to it? That should have set off all the alarms and sirens in your head telling you to return that used subwoofer

OP
OP
joemama1717

joemama1717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why did your subwoofer come with wires attached to it? That should have set off all the alarms and sirens in your head telling you to return that used subwoofer
That's just it came, it was like that in the pictures so I see nothing wrong. It's supposed to be a direct replacement after all.

slowbrainfc1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Ah i see, so its a kit that makes more sense now, should be fine im sure whoever put it together already did the homework to figure out the correct wiring. Make sure to set your eq and subwoofer level in the audio settings.

OP
OP
joemama1717

joemama1717

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ah i see, so its a kit that makes more sense now, should be fine im sure whoever put it together already did the homework to figure out the correct wiring. Make sure to set your eq and subwoofer level in the audio settings.
The whole problem was my audio cut out for no reason when I turned off and on my car one night, so I took it in to a place my grandpa recommended and they said it was my amp, so they got me a replacement stock amp from a 2017 SI, and it sounded a bit different, more notably my subwoofer, then they said it may be that my subwoofer is bad which made my amp go bad, so I got that subwoofer from the link above and I get little to no response from it from any song. So my neighbor who is hugely into car audio, recommends I get a 5-channel amp, so I go to a shop that HE recommends, and they say it will cost $1300 including wiring, parts, installation, and new door speakers which I need cause the stock ones will burn. I'm only upset because I just wanted my audio system to work like it did before, nothing else, and I got sucked into a hole of spending $1300+
Sponsored