Rental Car Recommendations Wanted in Portugal

josevic

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
Planning a trip to Portugal next year, and was setting my sights on renting a Honda e for a fun, electric adventure. Unfortunately, I just saw the news about link to the Car and Driver article about the Honda e ending production: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46104688/honda-e-ending-production/.

Anyone in the know about rental companies in Portugal that might still have the Honda e available next year? Alternatively, if the Honda e's off the table, any recommendations for a great electric or fuel-efficient rental car for exploring Portugal?
Sponsored

tarekr

Banned
Banned
First Name
Colter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350Z
I think it is very disappointing news regarding the Honda E, but don't worry, excellent alternatives are still available. Have you thought about inquiring with local rental businesses or peer-to-peer car rental platforms? They could present distinctive options beyond those of major chains. Happy safe travel.

Last edited:
OP
OP

josevic

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
Thank you for your thoughtful response and suggestions. You're absolutely right that local businesses and peer-to-peer platforms could offer unique options worth exploring. Even if the Honda E isn't available, there are sure to be other charming electric vehicles to discover. I will check out the choices you have given. Also, I could inquire with local guides such as those found on https://gowithguide.com/portugal/guides regarding knowledge about businesses and peer-to-peer platforms present within their regions. Travelling is about being open to unexpected findings as well. Thanks for helping keep the planning process positive - I appreciate you taking the time to offer encouraging advice, @tarekr!
Sponsored

Last edited: