First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7
Country flag
Hi all,

just tuned my car for the first time ever. first ever tuning a car. I am running phearable 1.5 non si tune. before the tune, my oil gauge was at 60%, the next day it jumped to 80%. (car mods, 27won intercooler, 27won cai, 27won inlet pipe, greddy supreme exhaust)

is that normal? how is that even possible?

thanks
Sponsored

Stomekuttt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
Are you referring to the “maintainance minder?”

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should change the oil and reset the maintenance minder to get fresh start

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Pearlwhitefk7 - please describe what you mean by oil gauge.
Folks think you mean the wrench thing where you get an oil life remaining sort of number, or an orangey notice about x% remaining that craps on your morning.
If you mean the coolant temp gauge, like an upside-down sad olde-timey thermometer on the dash cluster... if you were raucous and then sat idling that could cause a spike in temps.

Ktuner?

You can open an off-the-shelf (OTS) within the ktuner app and find the cooling fan configuration tucked away in some sub-menu in the left-side nav, amongst other things that should always be considered "no-touch." Review if you are curious, but leave it alone. Use the real-time readout from the tuning unit or compatible app, the data logging too if you want. Some of the gauges in the dash cluster are not quite or not as useful as they seem.
The boost display in my FC3 is gimmicky. The coolant temp gauge is never something I'd look at but to tell me when something is already going wrong- check actual sensor data (ECT1) for a live reading. I also live in not your state.

If you have ktuner, its worth looking into setting up your display/dashboard. Plus HondaHack and TunerView Lite. Plop an app shortcut on the home screen, and you can tuck the tuner unit out of view if you want.
Sponsored