NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Update...Stopped by the dealership last Saturday. Service manger tells me he'll pull the car to the bay himself and will bring me back to meet with a tech and the shop foreman. Both waited until I got there to lift up my vehicle.

We went over the missing parts, which are the support brackets and the broken off exhaust stud. I'm pretty sure it was this tech that worked on my car but he pretends he don't remember this car at all. Whatever, I'm just there to have the shop foreman confirm the missing parts.

I'm waiting for the service manager to let me know when all the parts are in.

Would be so annoyed by this. Does your front pipe rattle at all when you get on it? I'd just buy the bolts and bracket and do the install myself, they're cheap. Wouldn't even trust that dealership.

I installed my down pipe and front pipe myself without any issues and I'm not even a mechanic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
9000RPM

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Would be so annoyed by this. Does your front pipe rattle at all when you get on it? I'd just buy the bolts and bracket and do the install myself, they're cheap. Wouldn't even trust that dealership.

I installed my down pipe and front pipe myself without any issues and I'm not even a mechanic.
It's definitely one of those once you know something is missing, you start noticing things . But yes, started to notice a clunking sound going over bumps.

I'm only getting the parts. Will be replacing it myself. I made it clear to the service manager I don't want them working on the car again.

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It's definitely one of those once you know something is missing, you start noticing things . But yes, started to notice a clunking sound going over bumps.

I'm only getting the parts. Will be replacing it myself. I made it clear to the service manager I don't want them working on the car again.
Get this taken care of yet?

OP
OP
9000RPM

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Get this taken care of yet?
Not yet. SM hasn't reached out to me yet. I know a lot of parts are on backorder so I thought I'd wait until the end of this month to reach out.

OP
OP
9000RPM

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Stopped by the dealership to pick up these parts yesterday. They are the 2 downpipe support brackets and their bolts, 3 downpipe to front pipe exhaust studs and nuts and the gasket.

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil leak from black inspection cover IMG_20220604_210948__01

Now, anyone know the best way to extract that broken stud? Drill it out?

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Stopped by the dealership to pick up these parts yesterday. They are the 2 downpipe support brackets and their bolts, 3 downpipe to front pipe exhaust studs and nuts and the gasket.

IMG_20220604_210948__01.jpg

Now, anyone know the best way to extract that broken stud? Drill it out?
Broken stud of the downpipe? Yes drill it, but be careful of the threads. Recommend looking on YouTube at some DIY videos.

OP
OP
9000RPM

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Finding more missing stuff from when the dealership tech did the rear main seal.

Missing the brake air guides. Good opportunity to upgrade to the FL5 version I guess. Not sure what else I'll find as I slowly swap parts to aftermarket.

Honda Civic 10th gen Oil leak from black inspection cover 1000007662

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Wanted to follow up on this. After I had my valve cover replaced at the dealer a while back the leak seems to have stopped, and the inspection cover area was dry during my latest oil change.

If anyone has mysterious oil leak at the inspection cover id suggest looking up top at your valve cover. A lot easier to resolve than an rms or a trans leak.

OP
OP
9000RPM

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Oh boy....it's baaaaack. Plan is to add in some leak dye near its oil change next year.

OP
OP
9000RPM

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Wanted to follow up on this. After I had my valve cover replaced at the dealer a while back the leak seems to have stopped, and the inspection cover area was dry during my latest oil change.

If anyone has mysterious oil leak at the inspection cover id suggest looking up top at your valve cover. A lot easier to resolve than an rms or a trans leak.
The upper surrounding areas on mine is clean so I don't think it's my valve cover tricking oil down. It does give me an excuse to swap to a Spoon or J's cover though.
Sponsored