Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
So you guys got the ACT package with the KzCmc advertised as a package. What lead time am I really looking at here? 3-6 months?
Correct, that's a fair estimate for ACT Street at this time. 3-6 months is a wide range, it's because ACT can move up ETA dates
Sponsored

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
I did the CDV delete myself and couldn't tell the difference in engagement. For as much of a pain in the ass it was to pull the little part out, I wouldn't do it again. If you are drag racing and need every fraction of a second to beat the next guy, it might be something to consider, but for the street, not worth the effort in my opinion. The stainless clutch line may also fit this category. I change my rubber line out also, but can't feel much difference on engagement. I can feel the throw out bearing in the pedal, but can't sense any improvement in engagement. Looks cool when the line is clean, but not worth the effort for the street.

I have the CM FX350 with aluminum flywheel. Nice package, but takes a bit to get used to when easing into first gear and reverse for public roads. Most people will find it annoying if they are expecting a factory feel. However, when you rev the bitch up, the clutch is very smooth and grabs just fine. I autocross my car, so I launch it at most races. That's where this clutch is most useful. An organic disc is what you want for the street.
I agree with the ss line and cdv. Instead modifying oem parts and reselling at stupid prices, companies need to tackle the bigger picture and begin using a cmc and csc that uses a bigger bore that can move more fluid overall instead of selling these placebo bandaids.

OP
OP
SperryCTR

SperryCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I did the CDV delete myself and couldn't tell the difference in engagement. For as much of a pain in the ass it was to pull the little part out, I wouldn't do it again. If you are drag racing and need every fraction of a second to beat the next guy, it might be something to consider, but for the street, not worth the effort in my opinion. The stainless clutch line may also fit this category. I change my rubber line out also, but can't feel much difference on engagement. I can feel the throw out bearing in the pedal, but can't sense any improvement in engagement. Looks cool when the line is clean, but not worth the effort for the street.

I have the CM FX350 with aluminum flywheel. Nice package, but takes a bit to get used to when easing into first gear and reverse for public roads. Most people will find it annoying if they are expecting a factory feel. However, when you rev the bitch up, the clutch is very smooth and grabs just fine. I autocross my car, so I launch it at most races. That's where this clutch is most useful. An organic disc is what you want for the street.
Curious to what setup you’re running?upgraded turbo? FBO? Tune?

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Power wise, just Ktuner with Phearable stage 2.5 and 35% ethanol. Got the PRL CAI with race MAF. Running CM fx350 with aluminum SMF, CDV delete. All motor mounts are Hasport 82a. Acuity shifter mods and throttle pedal adapter. Eibach front and rear sway bars and their pro kit springs. EBC slotted rotors with red stuff pads and Wilwood high temp fluid. +1 degree front ball joints for 1.2 degrees camber. BFG gforce comp 2a/s tires. I also have braided lines for clutch and brakes. It's a very balanced platform for street and track. They only other significant upgrades left are PPG gears for the tranny and wheels and tires for the track. Already stripped 4th gear and replaced the transmission a couple weeks ago.
Sponsored