First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see the adjustable headrests on the back row:love: And I still remember how costly it would be if I want to swap to the front adjustable headrest, it was like $200 for each side not including tax and shipping, probably even more expensive now 😩

Concerning the blind spot LED on the mirror, I wonder if the Mugen mirror would work if repurposing the blinker to do that. I drive an USDM FK7, and I'm sure the Mugen mirror I got is from Japan, but it is made wide angle on both sides, come with the blinker and heater function, after all they're all LEDs, so I feel like it would work, as long as you don't mind the blind spot monitoring signal is much bigger lol

Myself I have retrofitted the glovebox light and damper on mine, probably the first one in the US:cool:✌ I do agree the damper is tricky to detach, but I do love that extra sense of refinement.
Sponsored

OP
OP
eob2000

eob2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UKDM 2017 Civic Sport Plus Hatch (1.5T 6MT)
Country flag
I see the adjustable headrests on the back row:love: And I still remember how costly it would be if I want to swap to the front adjustable headrest, it was like $200 for each side not including tax and shipping, probably even more expensive now 😩

Concerning the blind spot LED on the mirror, I wonder if the Mugen mirror would work if repurposing the blinker to do that. I drive an USDM FK7, and I'm sure the Mugen mirror I got is from Japan, but it is made wide angle on both sides, come with the blinker and heater function, after all they're all LEDs, so I feel like it would work, as long as you don't mind the blind spot monitoring signal is much bigger lol

Myself I have retrofitted the glovebox light and damper on mine, probably the first one in the US:cool:✌ I do agree the damper is tricky to detach, but I do love that extra sense of refinement.
Wait you guys don't have adjustable headrests? That seems like insane thing to not include. Is it a regulatory thing or just honda being honda?

I think using the turn signals for the blind spot would work great actually, I briefly thought about it before and see no reason why it wouldn't work.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait you guys don't have adjustable headrests? That seems like insane thing to not include. Is it a regulatory thing or just honda being honda?

I think using the turn signals for the blind spot would work great actually, I briefly thought about it before and see no reason why it wouldn't work.
I should rephrase that, we don't have adjustable headrest on the back row, and for the front we only have up and down adjustable headrest, but no tiltable function.😅

OP
OP
eob2000

eob2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UKDM 2017 Civic Sport Plus Hatch (1.5T 6MT)
Country flag
So, I've been doing some thinking.

I think I will part with my Civic later this year, as a result I cancelled the order for the whiteline stuff and will be listing some parts for sale shortly with the intention of getting them gone before the car.

Why? The numbers just don't add up. I do a small mileage relatively speaking, less than 5000/yr. Those trips are all short and basically are only ever me. I have a lot of money tied up in this car, it's still worth a significant amount of money. As I started looking at more and more expensive mods I decided this probably isn't the way to go. I'd always intended to keep this car for the long run but the previous points and the ever present mild concern about reliability which as much as gtman's excellent thread (which I will be sure to update before it goes) suggests tuning is pretty safe, it's not as safe as other platforms (particularly the hatches).

My plan is to move into two cars, a super cheap reliable daily (probably an older NA Honda with an absolutely bulletproof engine, cheap to run, cheap to tax, cheap to own.) and get myself a more fun weekend car (Currently looking at an NC MX-5). It's maybe the last decade or so I'll be able to truly enjoy playing with cars before new legislation smashes the fun out of everything and I'd rather be doing that in a different car. This change will probably cost me more over the long run than just keeping the civic but I will not have all my money tied up in one car trying to achieve two different things on a platform not particularly suited for it.

I really do love this car but for the mileage I do and the sort of mods I was thinking about it just does not make sense, hopefully the next owner will enjoy it as much as I have. Maybe one day I'll find myself back in a CivicX.

I will continue to finish my audio upgrades with the subwoofer but that will return to stock once it sells as I will move the parts into my next car.

If anyone in the UK is interested in the car or any of the parts I've mentioned in this thread, please let me know, I can set up a proper thread as per forum rules.
Sponsored