BBRDLY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX Coupe 2L
Hi guys and gals, I'm new to this forum but I have a question for you all;
I own a 2017 Civic LX Coupe with a 2L naturally aspirated engine, I have 119000kms or 78000M on the engine, it jumped its timing so being a pretty good backyard mechanic for the better part of 40 years, I changed the timing chain myself, it jumped 3 teeth, thankfully not 4 so my valves were all fine.
While doing the work, I unhooked the battery so as not to short anything out and now the engine works perfectly but every warning light is on in the dash, I tried resetting the "tablet", I tried cycling the ignition switch 5 times and it still shows the same warnings.
Can anybody please help me here with some advice?
Man, I miss working on the 60s and 70s vehicles so freaking much. Haha.
Thank you in advance, have a great day
Honda Civic 10th gen Multiple warning lights after reconnecting battery Screenshot_20240314_151953_Facebook
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
It probably will take a couple of actual drive cycles to clear.

OP
OP

BBRDLY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It probably will take a couple of actual drive cycles to clear.
Okay, another friend told me to drive it for 50 kms or 30 miles and it should clear itself, that's pretty much the same as what you are saying, I believe.
Thanks for the reply, it is greatly appreciated

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes it may take a couple drives like that for things to sync back up.

OP
OP

BBRDLY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes it may take a couple drives like that for things to sync back up.
I'll give it a shot.
There is way too much technology in vehicles these days. All of the driver assist programs but only one speed on the delay wipers and no light on the vanity mirror...go figure. Haha

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll give it a shot.
There is way too much technology in vehicles these days. All of the driver assist programs but only one speed on the delay wipers and no light on the vanity mirror...go figure. Haha
I have those features. Variable intermittent wipers, vanity lights, heated side mirrors too. It's because you have the base model.

OP
OP

BBRDLY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have those features. Variable intermittent wipers, vanity lights, heated side mirrors too. It's because you have the base model.
I have heated side mirrors, heated seats, self steering and all of that stuff, they just never ordered it with the upgraded wipers and vanity lights I guess. I about if used with 35000 on it two years ago, I wonder if there is a way to upgrade the delay wiper system? If it doesn't cost an outrageous amount of coin that is.

flek

First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1990 miata
Country flag
My car did this yesterday. I manually reset the code with a code reader tool. It should disappear on its own anyways though, but yea, it's not fun to see that happen. Makes you think you messed something up.
And if it comes back, I suppose you did :hmm: but probably won't.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
I have heated side mirrors, heated seats, self steering and all of that stuff, they just never ordered it with the upgraded wipers and vanity lights I guess. I about if used with 35000 on it two years ago, I wonder if there is a way to upgrade the delay wiper system? If it doesn't cost an outrageous amount of coin that is.
People probably also forget that the Canadian LX is much better appointed than the USA ones, but yeah we don't get a few fairly trivial things from EX, Touring etc. Most of those you can add pretty easily if you want them.

Battery and Dash lights:
Personally I drive maybe 1-2km down the road, pull over. Restart the car. Job done.

You can buy the wiper stalk with the variable speed ring and wire it up apparently, do a quick search here and you should find the thread on that.

I'm going to try the lighted vanity mirrors this summer with the correct wiring harness, because I'm doing a full interior swap to black anyway.

OP
OP

BBRDLY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I
My car did this yesterday. I manually reset the code with a code reader tool. It should disappear on its own anyways though, but yea, it's not fun to see that happen. Makes you think you messed something up.
And if it comes back, I suppose you did :hmm: but probably won't.
I messed up the wire for the oil pressure sending unit and thought I fixed it, but I guess not. There's a new plug coming from Amazon tomorrow, I'll try that and if not, I'll have to take it to a shop. Do you have just a regular everyday code reader? I was told that it wouldn't work by a buddy that works on imports all of the time so I never tried it.
Maybe I'll give that a go when I get home.
He also said that they might go out after around 50kms but I am now at 782 kms and they're still giving me a suntan. Lol

flek

First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1990 miata
Country flag
I

I messed up the wire for the oil pressure sending unit and thought I fixed it, but I guess not. There's a new plug coming from Amazon tomorrow, I'll try that and if not, I'll have to take it to a shop. Do you have just a regular everyday code reader? I was told that it wouldn't work by a buddy that works on imports all of the time so I never tried it.
Maybe I'll give that a go when I get home.
He also said that they might go out after around 50kms but I am now at 782 kms and they're still giving me a suntan. Lol
I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y8HLS33/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got it for retracting the rear parking brake when working on them but it's good for other things like clearing codes. I'm sure Autozone or a normal shop should be able to reset it. But if the issue is there and it's a serious issue I think it comes back pretty quick, even if you don't give it a 50 - 100 mile drive or so. At the very least they can pull the actual code and you can decide whether it makes sense and if it's related to something you know is broken.

OP
OP

BBRDLY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y8HLS33/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got it for retracting the rear parking brake when working on them but it's good for other things like clearing codes. I'm sure Autozone or a normal shop should be able to reset it. But if the issue is there and it's a serious issue I think it comes back pretty quick, even if you don't give it a 50 - 100 mile drive or so. At the very least they can pull the actual code and you can decide whether it makes sense and if it's related to something you know is broken.
Thankyou, I just ordered one.
My new oil pressure sending plug just came in, fingers crossed that it fits and works. I still want that code reader though.
That's great, thanks again

ddoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Last time I had the battery off, had the same thing.

OBD2 said nothing about errors.

No functions would work outside of things needed to actually drive the car (no cruise, lane keep, crash detection, mode select etc)

Went 3km down the road, turned it all off for a minute and on the next start all was back to normal.

OP
OP

BBRDLY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 1100 kms on it now and they're still on. I reset the tablet in the dash, tried everything. I did break a wire on the oil pressure switch that I tried to fix but it might not have worked. I got a new pigtail for it in the mail yesterday, hopefully that's the problem.
Thanks though
Sponsored