KTuner V1.2 with Civic FK7 1.5T CVT - Need Help!

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB SportPlus CVT
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I've been using KTuner V1.2 for about 7 months on my Civic FK7 1.5T CVT. I have added the following parts:

• MST Air Filter Kit
  • DP and FP
  • Rev9 Intercooler
I have tried many different software versions and the log video I am sharing with you shows the fastest state my car has reached as a result of my own work.

I expect you to watch this video and let me know if there is anything wrong and help me with the solution.

By the way, some of you may ask why the boost is low. In fact, my target boost is 23.5 psi, but since the altitude where I live is 3,600 feet, the car cannot boost. I can increase the boost by changing the atmospheric settings, but this slows the car down instead of speeding it up.

As I said, I have tried many different software versions and I can't go beyond this point. According to the speedometer, my car's 100-200 km/h time is currently 17 seconds.

Thank you in advance for your help.

In addition, some of my friends think there is a compatibility issue between my car's ECU and KTuner. As you can see in the log video, TPS.CMD never reaches 100%. The TPS.CMD value changes in each software file. For example, it gives %85 in some software and %56 in others. Despite this, the 100-200 times of my car are very similar. I emailed KTuner about this issue but haven't heard back yet. @KTuner

I am curious about your opinions.

Additional Information:

• Car: Civic FK7 1.5T CVT
  • KTuner Version: V1.2
  • Mods: MST Air Filter Kit, DP and FP, Rev9 Intercooler
  • Target Boost: 23.5 psi
  • Altitude: 3,600 feet
  • 100-200 km/h Time: 17 seconds
  • Issue: TPS.CMD never reaches 100%, different values in different software files
Questions:

• Is there anything wrong with the log?
  • What can I do to improve my car's performance?
  • Is there a compatibility issue between my car's ECU and KTuner?
Thank you for your help!

@that_1redcivic

First Name
Milly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Country flag
OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
what tune are you running? custom tune? 23 psi is a little high for FK7 1.5t. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Also check out this thread very knowledgable and mentions altitude and air density. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/whats-the-max-safe-psi-on-stock-turbo-and-block.45410/
I am using the Starter 21 tune. I increased the target pressure on this software to 23,5. Previously, the Phearable Tune Stage 1.5 R tune was installed. With this adjustment I made, I accelerated it by about 1 second.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
23 psi is a little high for FK7 1.5t
Actually Map 3 of the 1.5R Non-Si tune peaks at 24. TSP 1 at around 23.5 psi.

OP, you shouldn't self-tune unless you're a pro. That's a recipe for a blown hatchback rod disaster. It's not a matter of just upping the boost and final boost targets. You need to properly adjust timing and fueling too.

Check out my tuning reliability thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually Map 3 of the 1.5R Non-Si tune peaks at 24. TSP 1 at around 23.5 psi.

OP, you shouldn't self-tune unless you're a pro. That's a recipe for a blown hatchback rod disaster. It's not a matter of just upping the boost and final boost targets. You need to properly adjust timing and fueling too.

Check out my tuning reliability thread.
The reason I opened this topic and consulted you is exactly this. Have you watched the log video? If the tune made is not safe, I will stop using it. What do you also think about the TPS.CMD issue?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You need to post an actual real time .kdlg datalog in a zip file. That's 20 minutes of driving with a pull or two.

As far as the TPS.CMD situation, if I recall this has happened on a few non-North American tuned cars. Did this behavior occur before you started adjusting tables as well?

@KTuner

Last edited:
OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, the TPS.CMD issue has been present from the beginning. I've tried various software solutions. In some software, it stays around 80%, while in others, it's around 50%. But I've never seen it reach 100%.
I will send the log files tomorrow.

OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You need to post an actual real time .kdlg datalog in a zip file. That's 20 minutes of driving with a pull or two.

As far as the TPS.CMD situation, if I recall this has happened on a few non-North American tuned cars. Did this behavior occur before you started adjusting tables as well?

@KTuner

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in my response. I have been very busy with work lately.

I have sent you two log files taken at different times. As you can see when you examine them, TPS.CMD does not reach 100% even though I am giving full throttle. Therefore, it cannot provide the target boost pressure. It rarely reaches 100% at a few points. At that moment, it can also provide the desired pressure.

I emailed KTuner, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I think this is a problem. The car will never accelerate as it should unless this is fixed.

I would appreciate it if you could look into this issue and provide me with a solution.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

@KTuner

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I could only get one log to load but see what you're talking about. Does it behave this way stock? If it doesn't, it's a tune issue.

OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I could only get one log to load but see what you're talking about. Does it behave this way stock? If it doesn't, it's a tune issue.
Today, I installed the Starter 16.5 software on my car without making any changes to the settings. The TPS.CMD showed 99% at full throttle, and rarely reached 100%. I am sure this is due to an incompatibility between KTuner and the vehicle. I reported the issue to KTuner via email and requested support, but they were not willing to help in any way.

OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did some research on this issue online and realized that many people have experienced the same problem as me. Some have found a solution, but they haven't shared how they did it. There must be someone who knows about this issue and can help. Please help me and all the others who are experiencing this problem.
Sponsored