Brendaarceo

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic
Country flag
I got a used 2016 Honda Civic from car dealer it had 50000 miles on it purchased in December 2022 about a month ago check engine light came on along with 3 other lights break issue so I took it in to Honda they told me it was the fuel injector and it needed to be fix and it would cost 2000 I don’t have that kind of money can somebody tell me what I should do
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yikes! Dealerships are often more expensive than private shops. It might be worth while to get a quote from local smaller shops, maybe one that specializes in Japanese vehicles.

Car

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
I would take out a personal loan with your bank or credit card issuer and slowly pay it back through that route. One place you don’t want to stop investing in is the very thing that gets you to your next destination, especially one that you poured a non-unsubstantial amount of funds already into

OP
OP

Brendaarceo

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic
Country flag
Yikes! Dealerships are often more expensive than private shops. It might be worth while to get a quote from local smaller shops, maybe one that specializes in Japanese vehicles.
does the fuel injector have anything to do with the break system turning on because they told me that I need to replace the fuel injector

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It would be advice being offered but anyways.
Injector issues are the hot new issue. Even if you did pay the $2,000, would they even have the injectors to install?

OP
OP

Brendaarceo

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic
Country flag
It would be advice being offered but anyways.
Injector issues are the hot new issue. Even if you did pay the $2,000, would they even have the injectors to install?
they told me that the brake system is fine but the fuel injector needs to be replace

Car

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport
Country flag
Just get the injectors replaced, stinks but you don’t really have any other options. If you really want you can get a second opinion at another shop just to confirm, but assuming they say the injectors are the issue, just bite the bullet and pay up. It’s your car not a pet
Sponsored