First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there anything else I should do? Everything is fine, well except for this whole android tablet thing. Lol.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Is there anything else I should do? Everything is fine, well except for this whole android tablet thing. Lol.
I’m not sure what you mean.
if you aren’t having any issues there isn’t anything to do. The infotainment system sucks but that’s just part of the car. They revised the system with the next generation to fix how much it sucks.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag

Go watch this video tutorial and proceed according to your correct civic year
I'll have to take a look at this. Glad to hear you got it working. This android 4 2.2. Version is very old. I was doing Android stuff on phones before and I remember that it was jelly bean which came out in 2012 or 2013, something like that.

I am familiar with android and adb but I am leery about doing anything with the head unit. It has not been working properly with android auto for some time now.

Did you wipe your head unit then reflash the stock software or just adb sideload in an update? If you did, where did you get the files?

NAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T
Country flag
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan. Having some issues with android locking up or stuttering/slowing down. Currently on build 1.F1A2.34. Any bug fixes available?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I'll have to take a look at this. Glad to hear you got it working. This android 4 2.2. Version is very old. I was doing Android stuff on phones before and I remember that it was jelly bean which came out in 2012 or 2013, something like that.

I am familiar with android and adb but I am leery about doing anything with the head unit. It has not been working properly with android auto for some time now.

Did you wipe your head unit then reflash the stock software or just adb sideload in an update? If you did, where did you get the files?
This version of android isn’t old if you look at it from the prospective of the development time of the car.
The first 10th gens came out in 2015. Which means they probably had to lock in what platform they were going to build on a couple years before that.
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan. Having some issues with android locking up or stuttering/slowing down. Currently on build 1.F1A2.34. Any bug fixes available?
Try a hard restart. Press and hold the power button until it asks you to your restart.

Turning the car on and off doesn’t actually reset the system and a memory leak develops over time.

If you do want to update your firmware don’t grab it from this forum. It should be done at the dealer, which costs about $100 and some dealers won’t have any idea what you are talking about.
Firmware isn’t the same. Different hearts, models and even 2 door vs 4 door all have specific firmware. Trying to install the wrong one can brick your system so let the dealer be responsible for that.

Barring that, dissconmect your battery for a while.

Honda didn’t actually list what bugs it fixed in the updates So an update may not fix your issue.

NAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T
Country flag
Thanks! I pulled the fuse this weekend, and that seemed to help it temporarily. Wasn't sure if there was a more permanent fix vs the reset "band-aid" fix. That said, I'd much rather reset it than gamble with unknown software. Maybe the next time I take it in for work I'll have them take a look at it.

troylan1898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-L
Country flag
Checking to see if anyone has 1.F196.39 for my 2017 EX-L.

Deep

First Name
Deepam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Country flag
I wouldn't use the 1.F197.00 file unless your car is a hatchback, as it seems it can cause issues if the firmware isn't made for your specific configuration. You can use the Honda Firmware Downloader to get the latest version of firmware for your model and trim, but you have to have the correct TSB number and input your VIN in order to do so (the old downloader no longer works and the new one requires dealer/service login). For the 2016 Civic Touring Coupe, the 19-101 TSB (for the 2016-2017 sedans and coupes) was the most recent one with an infotainment firmware update that I could find. I did this a few months ago, so I don't know if there is anything newer available now. Anyway, I was able to successfully update my firmware from 1.F186.69 to 1.F197.60 (the firmware version number is different for the sedans 2017 models) by following the instructions in the TSB.

Note: If your current firmware version is higher than the one listed on the most recent TSB, I wouldn't try to update it, as it may brick the head unit.

Edit: I believe I still have the files for the 1.F197.60 update (see below). The firmware I'm putting here is good only for 2016 Civic coupes and sedans (EX, EX-T, Touring). It lists 1.F196.39 for the 2017 models, which I don't have. The files are linked below:

TSB 19-101 (has instructions on how to update infotainment)
1.F197.60 firmware update (only for 2016 Civic coupes and sedans with EX, EX-T, or Touring trim)
Does it matter if the head unit is with nav or not?

I have 2016 Ex Trim with no Nav and was trying to update my headunit.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
Does it matter if the head unit is with nav or not?

I have 2016 Ex Trim with no Nav and was trying to update my headunit.
yes it does. Just take it to the dealer. It’s not worth fucking up and Honda cut off the way the public was accessing these updates and the corresponding TSBs that lay out exactly what is for what years ago so only the dealer has current and accurate information.
I say this as someone who rolled the dice and fucked up my system.

yalcin4646

First Name
yalçın
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic fc5 2020
Country flag
hii

i have civic fc5 2020 + premum sound

but
Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? screenshot_1-png-png-png-

there was a subwoofer and dts neural setting before. now the part is lost, the service could not find a solution how can I do ithanks

thanks

Alientek

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
There is no bloody clarity in the damn forum, do i need a zip or mdt file om my USB stick?
Honda Civic 10th gen Infotainment software update? Screenshot 2023-06-24 173445

And how do i start the firmware update on the Unit? Holding thepower button just gives me the option to reboot the unit??

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
The only time this gets me angry is when the system glitches and refuses to restart. Holding the power button and clicking yes to restart does nothing. Only restarting the car fixes it.

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
mines been great but sometimes CarPlay fails to start and background changes to purple from red and I have to make it red again. This is like once every couple months tho.