First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB SportPlus CVT
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I live in Turkey and I own a 2020 Civic 1.5T CVT. I have been using KTuner for about 6 months, but my car has never been able to accelerate as it should. This is because the TPS.CMD never reaches 100%. Since it doesn't reach 100%, the turbo keeps the target boost pressure low. As a result, this process has worn me out and the KTuner company has not been helpful at all. That's why I decided to buy Hondata. However, there is only one seller in my country that sells Hondata and they are asking an unbelievable price of $1850. I currently have a friend who is on vacation in the US and he agreed to buy and bring it for me. However, there is now another problem: the international version of Hondata is not sold in the US. It can only be purchased from European dealers.

My question to you is this: if I buy the product sold in the US, would I not be able to use it in my own car? Please help me.

US Version: https://www.hondata.com/flashpro-2016-civic
Europe Version: https://www.hondata.com/flashpro-2016-civic
My Car's ECU Number: 37820-5AN-GJ1
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I checked Hondata's ECU compatibility checker and yes, you do need the International version apparently. But according to Hondata, it sells for $795. Hondata's official retail sellers should be selling the Flashpro for $795, not $1850. Is your seller listed on Hondata's site? If so, I don't think Hondata would be happy you're getting gouged.

Just to be clear, the 1850 number you quoted is in US dollars, correct?

I'll tag @Hondata here as well for you.

OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unfortunately, what you wrote is correct. It is exactly $1850. The taxation system in Turkey is very strict against products coming from the US. At the same time, the fact that this seller is the only one is causing them to be opportunistic. I just emailed Hondata, but they said there was nothing they could do despite explaining the situation. If there was a way to use the product sold in the US in my own vehicle, all the problems would be solved.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear this.

Zedaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm wondering why your Ktuner isn't working as intended. Are you using the correct base tune? Perhaps upgrading to an off the shelf tune from Phearable or TSP would resolve your issue?

Dumping $1800 on just a tuning device seems ill advised and you would be better off just reverting to stock, unless you've currently got a lot of bolt ons.

OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
bserttas

bserttas

First Name
Buğra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm wondering why your Ktuner isn't working as intended. Are you using the correct base tune? Perhaps upgrading to an off the shelf tune from Phearable or TSP would resolve your issue?

Dumping $1800 on just a tuning device seems ill advised and you would be better off just reverting to stock, unless you've currently got a lot of bolt ons.
I also tried Phearable's 1.5R software and KTuner's base maps. I made changes to tunable parameters as well, but I couldn't solve the problem. My research showed that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue. I will send you the links I found about this problem.

In the past, KTuner has solved this problem for users by sending them beta versions of their software. However, they are currently ignoring people who are experiencing this issue.
Sponsored