Honda Warranty

Chezza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic RS
So recently I’ve just installed a PRL Cobra Intake (RACE MAF) and a catless downpipe running the dual starter tune with Ktuner
(looking to get TSP stage 1).

As I was getting this installed my mechanic showed me a photo of my oil filter Honda had installed during my previous service about a month ago. Basically they had just screwed on a brand new oil filter without ridding the filter of all the plastic coverings (see photos attached).

He didnt touch it as he could have been liable for any damages that may have occurred and said to let Honda know. So I rang Honda up to tell them what they had done and told them I had photo evidence and they sounded very surprised.

Anyways I’m taking my car back into Honda to potentially get it replaced. I’m not worried about my warranty being voided as it runs out really really soon but are they entitled to repair this because it had happened during the service they conducted before said warranty was voided due to me flashing my car?

Edit- Should I reflash my car back to factory?

All thoughts are appreciated!

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Warranty 313095AC-0155-4DEF-B821-DF41BD058EEB

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Warranty 4F309DD9-407A-4A06-A7B5-0685EB63D84B

NoRebound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
It seems rather straightforward that they made a mistake and should correct it without fail. But dealers are known to play fast and loose with stuff like this and try to claim that any damage they caused was your fault because of the mods. Worse, Honda often agrees with the dealer because it's the cheapest solution for them. If it were my car, I'd flash it back to factory spec before I took it in.

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
I know this is not the original question, but I'd be real aggressive with Honda and the dealer about where the rest of the oil filter plastic went. I'm talking about the plastic part that covered the open end of the filter.
If that piece of plastic is in the engine somewhere, it could cause a catastrophic failure.
Sponsored