KamenRider

First Name
Kham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
yesterday as I was putting in a new battery the J hook fell into the engine bay but not all the way through. I even tried taking off the metal guard in the bottom but it wasn’t there either. I took the car around the block annd can hear it hitting something on the driver side. Any ideas how to look for it and where it can be?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You need one of those magnetic extension sticks and just keep fishing. If you can’t even see it, then you have no chance. LED flashlight every which way until you see it.

OP
OP
KamenRider

KamenRider

First Name
Kham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
You need one of those magnetic extension sticks and just keep fishing. If you can’t even see it, then you have no chance. LED flashlight every which way until you see it.
I couldn’t see it and I’ll try the magnetic extension and if no luck then I guess I’ll just have to buy a new one.

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I would not want to drive around waiting for that thing to fall out and puncture a tire or something else. I guess I would start taking things apart until you find it.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you try to find it from underneath? Have ramps or jack stands?

Funny story. I was helping my friend change his oil in his Mazda 3 and he managed to drop the oil cap in the engine bay. It somehow bounced toward the fender recess where the washer tank is and I literally found it by feel… 1 hour later. There was no way I was getting it from above. Probably would’ve been a lot easier if I had a flexible camera at the time too. Don’t be my friend!

OP
OP
KamenRider

KamenRider

First Name
Kham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Can you try to find it from underneath? Have ramps or jack stands?

Funny story. I was helping my friend change his oil in his Mazda 3 and he managed to drop the oil cap in the engine bay. It somehow bounced toward the fender recess where the washer tank is and I literally found it by feel… 1 hour later. There was no way I was getting it from above. Probably would’ve been a lot easier if I had a flexible camera at the time too. Don’t be my friend!
I did yesterday but with no luck. I’m going to try again after work today and will probably try using the magnet stick and fish around.
Sponsored