Got my CTR today!!!

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow, what a car!! It's a dream.
A quick question about the infoteinament system.
I got the system without the volume button, is that because we get the European model?
Yes that is correct. The Euro spec models do not get the updated infotainment. However the appearance of the steering wheel volume button is different on the 2019 model. No it is smooth.

Stephen
Sponsored

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
The NA is obsessed with knobs, but they have a passion for clean flat screen on smart phone.
Hey, not me. They had to rip my Blackberry from my cold dead hands....I hate, hate, hate the fact that I have to use a stupid touch sensitive keypad....I am old school, I like buttons on a phone, and I could fly on that thing typing an email...now, it's at least one backspace per word it seems like with my iPhone.

Which is probably why i have never touch the volume setting on the infotainment screen. Have always used the rocker switch on the wheel. Guess I am a "tactile" person...

To the OP....there's just no car that can touch the CTR anywhere near it's price point. Handling that punches way above its FWD layout, a wind tunnel derived design for the track, a shifter like butter, fantastic seats for spirited driving (plus a red/black interior is the best), and good acceleration (once you get out of 2nd gear :) ) You made a great choice!

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My 2019 has volume knob, but it's kind of harshly? detented, and I've found I prefer the volume control on the steering wheel.
However, in an "instant down" situation the rotary knob is the fastest way to turn it down.
I don't think they could have made the knob any shorter or smaller though....
Enjoy your new car!

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Yes that is correct. The Euro spec models do not get the updated infotainment. However the appearance of the steering wheel volume button is different on the 2019 model. No it is smooth.

Stephen
Wow that's interesting.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats. They call it Championship White for a reason. I went for Aegean Blue on my SI, but for the CTR, white is a winner, as it shows the detailing.
Get back to us after you have had some time to drive it with your impressions / experiences.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Country flag
Just picked up my UKDM CTR less than two weeks ago and mine also doesn't have the new infotainment system. Not that bothered about it to be honest as I just use the one on the wheel anyway. Voice control works well for climate control and fan speed etc too. Really not something that should put anyone off the car in the slightest.
Sponsored