flashing high beams

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Anyone else with the a touring civic having people flashing you at night thinking you have high beams on?
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I have, I just flash em back. Then they know the car they drive has weak ass headlights and that they are inferior to me on the road.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else with the a touring civic having people flashing you at night thinking you have high beams on?
yup, that seems to be common now with alot of new cars coming with LED headlights. i have a 2016 Corolla with LED lights and i get highbeamed all the time :confused:

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once earlier this evening. I didn't even bother because it was a Veloster. Afraid he'll careen off the road.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I'll say is that there are alot of new stock headlights that really are too bright. When it's a danger because its too bright in the oncoming drivers eyes, it's not a good thing.
This, but also it's usually an aiming problem. The factory may not have aimed the properly or they may have shifted in transit. Maybe LED lights don't need to be aimed like traditional lights (I have no experience with them) but I know HIDs have this problem.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do. If a road grade is such that your lights are forced up into the eyes of an oncoming driver, not much you can do. There's a light by my house that is flat on one side and uphill on the other side. The people on the flat side are usually blinded no matter what the opposing traffic has.

Also - pickup trucks are brutal, especially when on a lift kit.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I remember in the early 2000s there was a post at my parents' community mailbox (they live in a retirement community in SC with a shared mail area for the entire development) not to flash people back because it was a gang initiation and by flashing back you were making yourself a target for the other vehicle to open fire on.

I equate that to a modern day chain email or false FB post or twitter meme... lol

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to get it more often, I just flash 'em back. If they go blind and careen into a ditch, their own fault.

The Corolla's LEDs are seriously aimed wrong or something, they blind from like a quarter mile away. Can always tell when I see one.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used to get it more often, I just flash 'em back. If they go blind and careen into a ditch, their own fault.

The Corolla's LEDs are seriously aimed wrong or something, they blind from like a quarter mile away. Can always tell when I see one.
Snoozollas have LEDs??? Had no idea!

This, but also it's usually an aiming problem. The factory may not have aimed the properly or they may have shifted in transit. Maybe LED lights don't need to be aimed like traditional lights (I have no experience with them) but I know HIDs have this problem.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do. If a road grade is such that your lights are forced up into the eyes of an oncoming driver, not much you can do. There's a light by my house that is flat on one side and uphill on the other side. The people on the flat side are usually blinded no matter what the opposing traffic has.

Also - pickup trucks are brutal, especially when on a lift kit.
Anytime a headlamp is modified, aim should be checked or verified. I updated the halogens to HIDs on both my Civic and Pilot and checked both because a poorly aimed headlight is one of my biggest peeves when driving. The Civic was fine but the Pilot was off and got them aimed so that I wasn't going to blind other oncoming drivers.

So far, no one's flashed me in either ride. Guess I have it right. :)

But yeah I H-A-T-E it when a freakin urban cowboy pulls up on me with all 27 lights lit up and he's got a lift kit too... I wanna take my 5 iron and do a cleaning up of his front bumper and lights... haha

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
The first time I drove at night I tough people were flashing their high beams but it turns out that since we sit low and the car is lower than the 8th and 9th, the other cars low beam get in my face when they go over bumps and it looked like they were flashing their high beam sometime.

=OrionX=

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring, 2017 CR-V EX AWD
Country flag
I get flashed in my Civic and in the Odyssey (with HIDs). Civic gets the flash more often. Slightly off topic, after extensive night time driving with both types of lighting (HIDs and LEDs), I have to say that the Civic's LEDs appear from behind the wheel to be brighter, more evenly spaced lighting. Much preferred over the Oddy's HIDs. :thumbsup:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also like how wide the LEDs cast their light, really nice lighting up road signs/reflectors, etc from both a long and wide distance.

OP
OP

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Driving from Oregon to Texas I notice that the LED are bright but there's a death spot where it seems the headlights don't throw down the road very far in front compared to a little off to the sides (even with highbeam on) Wonder if the dealers can readjust them.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On a semi related note, I flashed an oncoming car the other night, and when he passed me, I saw that it was a cop. He hit his brakes, but didn't turn around thankfully. His lights WERE on bright though.
I did that a few years ago, it was late at night and I'd gotten off of work (restaurant waiter back then). He was doing like 90 in a 55, I didn't see the light bar. I thought he was driving like an ass, so I flashed him. Bad idea. He slowed down and got behind me, followed me til I got to my exit to get home.

0/10, would not do again.
Sponsored