Drivers Side Foglight Modification - Cold Air Intake - CAI

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure why I didn't notice but the passenger side of these cars have holes in it already. Duh! Perhaps to cool off the intercooler inlet piping? Noticed it on both my wife's car (Sport Hatchback) and mines (EX Hatchback)

Foglight 1.jpg

Foglight 2.jpg
Any update on this? Curious how I should go about doing it too
Sponsored

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this is a horrible idea for a daily driver especially in snow or heavy rain.

I agree somewhat! I think it's a great idea unless you have a daily driver in snow or rain areas. It's an idea nevertheless. I opted to keep my driver's side foglight in place after doing some soul searching around this. Had the filter been more easily accessible, I would have continued with this modification as this is something that I have done on my RAV4.

If you are in a climate that doesn't have rain/show often and possibly and extra vehicle to drive, this is something you could possibly consider.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im in the process of making a cover i can easily remove, but i need some sort of seal, like the ones that go on the edge of the door. i cant find anything at home depot and i dont really wanna order from ebay for some 5 dollor part >_<

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
im in the process of making a cover i can easily remove, but i need some sort of seal, like the ones that go on the edge of the door. i cant find anything at home depot and i dont really wanna order from ebay for some 5 dollor part >_<

I like this idea!
Looking forward to what you come up with.

Lovic87

First Name
Lovic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Sport CVT '18 GTI SE 6MT
Country flag
The right side hole is for the horn. Not sure why Honda couldn't just put a better horn and omit the hole, but that's what it's for.

I did similar to my TL. Cut the "ducts" behind the lower grills for more airflow. Helped drop my AIT at lower speeds with no adverse effects. I don't have a cai though, just modified stock airbox/resonator to draw more air from that area.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ok, had to scrap my first idea ( kinda went allittle drill happy, lol). ordered a new garnish and decided to use the rader cap as a removable cover, so i also ordered a couple neodyium magnets to convert it to a quick detach cover instead of going with my orginal friction fit cover.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looking forward to what you come up with.
i ended up going the easy route, i just converted the touting models foglight garnish into a removeable cover with magnets. these magnets are so strong it only takes 2 set to hold it in place

Honda Civic 10th gen Drivers Side Foglight Modification - Cold Air Intake - CAI 20180131_020249 Honda Civic 10th gen Drivers Side Foglight Modification - Cold Air Intake - CAI 20180131_020406 Honda Civic 10th gen Drivers Side Foglight Modification - Cold Air Intake - CAI 20180131_020605 Honda Civic 10th gen Drivers Side Foglight Modification - Cold Air Intake - CAI 20180131_020317 Honda Civic 10th gen Drivers Side Foglight Modification - Cold Air Intake - CAI 20180131_020324

Honda Civic 10th gen Drivers Side Foglight Modification - Cold Air Intake - CAI 20180131_020303