First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the response @jonnys_honda. Your timing is actually perfect. I'm still considering the HKS coilovers at this point. Glad to hear they've held up well....I'd expect nothing less than that from HKS.

How much "street driving time"does your Type R see vs. track time? (Perhaps unbelievably), I don't have immediate plans to track my Type R (not because of the vehicle, but rather my lack of experience with amateur motorsports). I'm trying to decide how "livable" the HKS suspension would be for street use.
I’d say it’s 75% street driving with the rear for track use. I’ve put about 20,000 miles on the HKS coilovers. I have them set about 13 Front, 15 rear. They are livable if you don’t drive through potholes. I actively avoid them. Reason being is that it’ll feel like you’ve hit a wall! Not very comfortable lol. But it has been great on long trips, I did the drive across the US coast to coast!
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d say it’s 75% street driving with the rear for track use. I’ve put about 20,000 miles on the HKS coilovers. I have them set about 13 Front, 15 rear. They are livable if you don’t drive through potholes. I actively avoid them. Reason being is that it’ll feel like you’ve hit a wall! Not very comfortable lol. But it has been great on long trips, I did the drive across the US coast to coast!
Yeah I'm moving from Maryland to Colorado Springs here soon.

Speaking of adjusting dampners...did you get that cable in the rear to allow adjusment...I could never figure out how it goes up there while being installed still

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Speaking of adjusting dampners...did you get that cable in the rear to allow adjusment...I could never figure out how it goes up there while being installed still
Yes that cable is in. Without it, it would be crazy to remove the damper and change your settings. I would give it another go and install your cable.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes that cable is in. Without it, it would be crazy to remove the damper and change your settings. I would give it another go and install your cable.
Man I have no idea where to guide it...I see this reallllly small hole under the black top part but it's not big enough to guide it through :(

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is where I tried to push it through...wouldn't go in...I'm assuming that's how it's done lol...no idea

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R FK8 - HKS Hipermax MAX IV SP - Road Test initial impressions Screenshot_20200622-122038

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had mine for a few months. It's livable. But I'm dialing mine down from 15 to 5 for front and back. 15 is too much for daily imo...gets on my nerves.

With that said.. the adjustment is at the bottom in the front...pain to get to.

The rear is at the top...it comes with these long cable things to allow to adjust the rear dampner but I couldn't figure it out...so now I have the drop the shock in the back to adjust the dampner in the rear.

My only complaint lol
did you ever figure out how to snake the adjuster ?
Sponsored