Audio Upgrades on my UKDM Hatchback

OP
OP
eob2000

eob2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UKDM 2017 Civic Sport Plus Hatch (1.5T 6MT)
Country flag
Another quick update, my adapter from aliexpress came in and it works! It's the right connectors and works great.
Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Upgrades on my UKDM Hatchback 1711795082945-fh
Honda Civic 10th gen Audio Upgrades on my UKDM Hatchback 1711795168455-30

Now I can hack into this harness and leave the car's wiring intact.

Here's the harness I bought, make sure to choose the third option for male and female. Sold for an accord CD player amusingly enough:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803601219794.html

Now I just need to actually do the wiring and test out if the sub outputs work.

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
Thank you for the info, that sounds great. This piece will probably doing an install a lot easier, especially for retrofitting a subwoofer in a non-subwoofer edition.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Another quick update, my adapter from aliexpress came in and it works! It's the right connectors and works great.
1711795082945-fh.png
1711795168455-30.png

Now I can hack into this harness and leave the car's wiring intact.

Here's the harness I bought, make sure to choose the third option for male and female. Sold for an accord CD player amusingly enough:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803601219794.html

Now I just need to actually do the wiring and test out if the sub outputs work.
Op have you done any further testing since? I'm pretty much in the same boat as yourself, just about to upgrade front speakers and also have an active underseat sub to go in but obtaining signal is where I'm stuck at present

OP
OP
eob2000

eob2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Op have you done any further testing since? I'm pretty much in the same boat as yourself, just about to upgrade front speakers and also have an active underseat sub to go in but obtaining signal is where I'm stuck at present
I tapped into the sub pins and nothing happened, I imagine the amp's firmware has the sub channel fully disabled. I ended up tapping into the front speakers. Seemed to work well enough though I didnt do a full range test or anything. Unfortunately there won't be any further development from me as I am in the process of selling the civic.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Did you tap into the front speaker wires at the amp or via the actual speakers at the door? Is it just a case of literally connecting from the sub hi level to the speaker wire or do you need a line convertor?

OP
OP
eob2000

eob2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you tap into the front speaker wires at the amp or via the actual speakers at the door? Is it just a case of literally connecting from the sub hi level to the speaker wire or do you need a line convertor?
I tapped in at the output from the amp by splicing into the little harness I bought as to not damage the car's wiring. The particular powered sub I bought is happy to accept speaker level inputs so I just connected straight in, if your sub only supports line level inputs then you will need a converter.
Sponsored