9" Aftermarket Android Head Unit (Feature Overview / Installation)

cuscio

First Name
francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5 turbo sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CarPlay uses both Bluetooth and WiFi even though it’s not directly shown. If you turn off WiFi on your phone while connected, you’ll see it ask you are you sure you want to disconnect CarPlay, etc. Also if you turn off WiFi on your radio, wireless CarPlay shouldn’t work. Give it a try and see.
if I manually enable the radio's wifi and have the smartphone's hotspot active, it connects and at the same time I can use carplay. The problem is that I have to activate the radio's wifi manually every time I turn on the radio
Sponsored

rchmnd

First Name
romulus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX-L
Country flag
Just recently got the Joying installed for civic 2017.

For those who already have the 2024 firmware update on their unit:

**What can bus protocol/program y'all are using? I went from "Simple" to "Raise" and it fixed some of the issues I was having. Like now, my reverse line moves with my steering wheel. Their car info app now also provides additional info and settings for maintenance.

**Is there a way to map the voice assistant button and other buttons on the steering wheel? The VA button on the steering wheel works but is basically useless because it is hard-mapped to the radio's Google app and requires an internet connection even when Android Auto is connected. The VA on Android Auto works, but you have to manually press the mic button on the screen.

**Do y'all experience choppy sounds whenever you're constantly using the radio? Simple tasks trigger it, like going through settings, going to the play store, etc.

**Any recommendations for the mic? I tried the external mic that came with the unit and the mic on the unit itself, and they're both not good quality.

**Recommended car launchers? I have Nova Launcher but haven't installed it yet.

**Apps you can recommend?

Thanks.

sawixso81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Hi All,
To whoever has problems with static noise/buzzing: It seems that it only affects version with factory amplifier where harness is connected to joying head unit RCA's. These pre-amp rcas are crapy and catch noise.
In my case it was:
-some static noise when car engine would start(with start stop in traffic scenario it was quite annoying)
-after sometime time clicking sound from the speakers when turn likght was blinking!

The solution is to not use pre-amp RCA's.
What I did i've used amplified speaker output from joying port, connected it to line out converter, and attached the harness to it.

IMG_1715.jpg

The result is great, it eliminated the noses but also sound now plays much louder(like twice as lound) and audio quility improved.
How does this get wired up, I see the two rca from the headunit harness buy howbdoes the box pull signal from headunit?

ilbrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Just recently got the Joying installed for civic 2017.

For those who already have the 2024 firmware update on their unit:

**What can bus protocol/program y'all are using? I went from "Simple" to "Raise" and it fixed some of the issues I was having. Like now, my reverse line moves with my steering wheel. Their car info app now also provides additional info and settings for maintenance.

**Is there a way to map the voice assistant button and other buttons on the steering wheel? The VA button on the steering wheel works but is basically useless because it is hard-mapped to the radio's Google app and requires an internet connection even when Android Auto is connected. The VA on Android Auto works, but you have to manually press the mic button on the screen.

**Do y'all experience choppy sounds whenever you're constantly using the radio? Simple tasks trigger it, like going through settings, going to the play store, etc.

**Any recommendations for the mic? I tried the external mic that came with the unit and the mic on the unit itself, and they're both not good quality.

**Recommended car launchers? I have Nova Launcher but haven't installed it yet.

**Apps you can recommend?

Thanks.
**The can bus protocol you selected its supposed to match the one you received. If your canbus box says Raise, pick Raise. If it doesn’t work properly, you can email Joying for a replacement.

**I don’t think it’s possible to map the VA for Carplay/AA, but you can always use “Okay Google” or “Hey Siri”. That fixed the problem for me

**Mic SUCKS! But for some reason it picks up the voice comands correctly. I tried with two other 3.5mm mics I had, didn’t get any better.

Try messing with the mic volume settings, it ain't perfect but does make a difference.

Tony the Tiger

First Name
Tito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Looking for a Radio upgrade. Does the Joying head unit gives you access to everything in the car like the OEM head unit?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I haven't hear of this brand before, how does it stands against the other head units?

Thank you

rchmnd

First Name
romulus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX-L
Country flag
**The can bus protocol you selected its supposed to match the one you received. If your canbus box says Raise, pick Raise. If it doesn’t work properly, you can email Joying for a replacement.

**I don’t think it’s possible to map the VA for Carplay/AA, but you can always use “Okay Google” or “Hey Siri”. That fixed the problem for me

**Mic SUCKS! But for some reason it picks up the voice comands correctly. I tried with two other 3.5mm mics I had, didn’t get any better.

Try messing with the mic volume settings, it ain't perfect but does make a difference.

I just reinstalled the old unit back, and the canbus for joying says Simple and like you said, it didnt work properly for me, but Raise protocol did.
Sponsored