275/35-18 tire advice .. rubbing? stock height.. questions

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I want to start by saying I have read a lot of threads and done as much research as I can do at this point in time and its time for me to ask my questions.

From what I have found - I will experience no rubbing at stock height (depending on the tire itself and how wide it actually is) with 275/35-18 tires on 18x9.5 et45 wheels.

If I am looking at tire rack, what number am I looking at and what should I be looking for exactly to ensure I dont rub (tire width wise)?

For example (I assume its the tread width number?):

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
section width 10.9”
tread width 9.8”

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
section width 10.9”
tread width 9.3”

General G-MAX RS
section width 10.9”
tread width 9.6”

I currently have 18x8.5" et38 wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires in 245/40/18 but want something a little more stickier (I just daily drive this currently).
Sponsored

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm running Falken RT615s 275/35/18 on a 18x9.5 +42 wheel. I'm on stock height with no modifications to fenders or alignment. I've only experienced rubbing in the rear when I had 2 passengers in the back, and I hit a bump at highway speeds. I also experienced slight rub in the front, but this was with one passenger with me up front, and very aggressive cornering.

As far as what tire to choose, like any modification in life, do it once, do it right. I would recommend Michelins as they are the industry standard for a summer tire that you can pretty much use all other season expect a freezing winter. Also most people do get a lot of miles out of them too. Issue is that they are pretty expensive. I've heard from some people that the Bridgestone Potenza Sports are decent, and I know other people seem to be pleased with the Yokohama V601s.

OP
OP

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
I'm running Falken RT615s 275/35/18 on a 18x9.5 +42 wheel. I'm on stock height with no modifications to fenders or alignment. I've only experienced rubbing in the rear when I had 2 passengers in the back, and I hit a bump at highway speeds. I also experienced slight rub in the front, but this was with one passenger with me up front, and very aggressive cornering.

As far as what tire to choose, like any modification in life, do it once, do it right. I would recommend Michelins as they are the industry standard for a summer tire that you can pretty much use all other season expect a freezing winter. Also most people do get a lot of miles out of them too. Issue is that they are pretty expensive. I've heard from some people that the Bridgestone Potenza Sports are decent, and I know other people seem to be pleased with the Yokohama V601s.
Personally I love my Michelin all season 4s.. after 30k miles they’re at 5/32s at all 4 corners and fared pretty well in both winters so far that I’ve had them here in Cincinnati. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy their summer tires. I just want to make sure they’re not going to be too wide.
Sponsored