First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
bored up here at work so thought id post something interesting. what is everyone's current thoughts on the new 2022 gr86? personally its a car i wanted before my si but i couldnt get behind how slow the current gt86 is the only thing i liked was its body style and that it was rwd..... but with this new model the styling looks way better and the interior looks a lot nicer then the older car ( not as nice as the si i would say thou) and the motor is larger with a bit more power in it. so my question to you all is what do you think? do you think this car will be better then the current 10th gen (or 11th gen) once it gets more support or do you think it will be like the last generation? what do you think of the body styling? do you think its a great design or to much of a want to be sports car?

https://www.motor1.com/news/511382/2022-toyota-gr-86-revealed/

Honda Civic 10th gen 2022 gr86 1622850451423
Sponsored

Last edited:

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I like the looks, the front looks A lil 400z ish. But for me this car an the si are just to different to compare. Like when I think of the 86s competition I think Miata an the fiat. Not a fwd 4dr.

OP
OP
rhino

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like the looks, the front looks A lil 400z ish. But for me this car an the si are just to different to compare. Like when I think of the 86s competition I think Miata an the fiat. Not a fwd 4dr.
i guess but for me i compared them because thats what i was looking at the time plus i dont own a 4dr i dont like them lol

that and i only compared them so it had some reason to be here lol

Wickedsprint

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Country flag
If I was in market for a 2 door, SI wouldn't even make the list.

It’d be between the 86 and a Miata with Miata favored to win.

OP
OP
rhino

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I was in market for a 2 door, SI wouldn't even make the list.

It’d be between the 86 and a Miata with Miata favored to win.
i wanted a frs back when i was looking but it was god awful and i hated it a lot the miata i liked a lot but it really wouldnt have been a good daily so i chose the si

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
bored up here at work so thought id post something interesting. what is everyone's current thoughts on the new 2022 gr86? personally its a car i wanted before my si but i couldnt get behind how slow the current gt86 is the only thing i liked was its body style and that it was rwd..... but with this new model the styling looks way better and the interior looks a lot nicer then the older car ( not as nice as the si i would say thou) and the motor is larger with a bit more power in it. so my question to you all is what do you think? do you think this car will be better then the current 10th gen (or 11th gen) once it gets more support or do you think it will be more like a flop like the last generation? what do you think of the body styling? do you think its a great design or to much of a want to be sports car?

1622850451423.png
I'd just like to point out, the last gen 86/BRZ/FRS were anything BUT a flop, and had you any experience with them you'd know that. Their support is also bigger than that of the current Si or even entirety of the 10th gen civics, and not looking all that hard, 2nd gen already has support snowballing... again.

The only thing that would make 2nd gen a vastly better car would be sticking a Honda or BMW engine in it.

OP
OP
rhino

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd just like to point out, the last gen 86/BRZ/FRS were anything BUT a flop, and had you any experience with them you'd know that. Their support is also bigger than that of the current Si or even entirety of the 10th gen civics, and not looking all that hard, 2nd gen already has support snowballing... again.

The only thing that would make 2nd gen a vastly better car would be sticking a Honda or BMW engine in it.
for me the car was very much a flop i had wanted one and then drove it and really didnt like it all that much so more of a letdown i guess? overall i wasnt happy with the car not saying it was a pos or nothing but overall i just didnt like it

also a few things would make that car better... a better interior a better motor with a bit more power which they did now but again i can see you really like the old car and thats fine this thread wasnt to bash on the old car so maybe i worded that poorly but oh well

Last edited:
OP
OP
rhino

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol a flop? the 86 was far from a flop.
better than a 10th gen / 11th gen depends on your definition of "better".

i'd totally pick up the new brz/86 if i was looking for a car in that range.
maybe i should have worded it better how about disappointment to me? i expected more and got well nothing and was very disappointed in the car overall

and i agree everyone's definition of better is different

and agreed id love to drive one of the new ones and see how they are tbh

OP
OP
rhino

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The SI has more creature comforts and space than the 86
ya which was something that caught my interest when i drove one and tbh ive never been a huge honda fan i like imports but was more heavy on the toyota and nissan side of things

but this new one also has a lot of stuff in it to bring it up to the 21st century which toyota is always bad about doing and want to know why i know this i have a tacoma its dated from the day it came out lmao

Last edited:

RetroRacer1980

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Civic Sport Sedan(sold)’12 Camaro SS/RS ‘23WRX
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I am 100% going to buy this car. I already have a 650whp RWD manual transmission show car, but I can make this new GR86 look really good easily. It will be great for the twisty mountain roads where I live in California.

My 2020 Civic Sport Sedan 6MT only has 2430 miles as of today, and will have less than 5000 for sure when I trade it in.
(Bought outright in cash for $23k out the door in dec 2020).

I have always preferred RWD, and the modern Honda’s aren’t the same in quality to me as the older ones I had previously.

I will be grabbing a 2022 Premium trim GR86 manual in white ??

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
for me the car was very much a flop i had wanted one and then drove it and really didnt like it all that much so more of a letdown i guess? overall i wasnt happy with the car not saying it was a pos or nothing but overall i just didnt like it

also a few things would make that car better... a better interior a better motor with a bit more power which they did now but again i can see you really like the old car and thats fine this thread wasnt to bash on the old car so maybe i worded that poorly but oh well
I definitely think lots of people expected so much out of it, so it's understandable.

It's a fairly bare bones car, but imo that's what makes it great. Shitty interior, whose got time for that anyway (I love my CTRs, but compare that $$$), average but not amazing engine, meh, car is crazy cheap so I'll give it a pass.

Had it not been the price it was, it surely would've been DOA.

Wording can be hard on the internet sometimes, but I understand you.. now;)

OP
OP
rhino

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I definitely think lots of people expected so much out of it, so it's understandable.

It's a fairly bare bones car, but imo that's what makes it great. Shitty interior, whose got time for that anyway (I love my CTRs, but compare that $$$), average but not amazing engine, meh, car is crazy cheap so I'll give it a pass.

Had it not been the price it was, it surely would've been DOA.

Wording can be hard on the internet sometimes, but I understand you.. now;)
yup i wanted one since the day i saw one roll into the lot with that white they had and i loved it for looks and all that but couldnt afford one back then. then years later i needed a daily that was fun so i immediate went for a frs or gt86 or brz and i drove all of them to see if it was different on brands and transmission and i was just really let down sadly it just wasnt all that quick and the interior was very old and dated (which is something im use to with toyota since i own a tacoma) but i just couldnt justify the cost when putting it next to a miata or a si but thats me i guess

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
bored up here at work so thought id post something interesting. what is everyone's current thoughts on the new 2022 gr86? personally its a car i wanted before my si but i couldnt get behind how slow the current gt86 is the only thing i liked was its body style and that it was rwd..... but with this new model the styling looks way better and the interior looks a lot nicer then the older car ( not as nice as the si i would say thou) and the motor is larger with a bit more power in it. so my question to you all is what do you think? do you think this car will be better then the current 10th gen (or 11th gen) once it gets more support or do you think it will be like the last generation? what do you think of the body styling? do you think its a great design or to much of a want to be sports car?

1622850451423.png
where is the option in the poll " i totally want one but probably can't afford it''

i LOVE how agressive it looks, this is one of the last remaining coupe, and it's RWD...and now it looks like it's a little bigger(?)...i would be insterested to see how much room there is for the backseat cause the previous one it was it's weak points...too small...for example my 10th gen coupe is still a very practicle car i can carry my 2 young sons (2 and 7) in the back without issues and some luggage etc etc. if they can do the same...it's cool!