Tedlc

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic
Country flag
My car has turbo error code in dash light warning for 2-weeks then the car shut down mode, needed help with the trouble shooting.
What ... Do I need to do next ... What is problem... What caused it
Where ... Do I need to get it fixed or can I do it myself any adjustment or replace only.
When ... Can I eliminate the code or translate the code to fix problems

Will there be order of operation to fix my self, ?
Need professional advice or someone with experienced this problem
Where can I buy a new one ... Any price examples I'm looking at
New one Vs used one

All feedback welcome
Sponsored

khimaniz

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
You'll need to provide more info than just the emotions running through your head. Not a single thing you said was usable. I'm not even sure where to start asking for examples.

It might be better you visit a professional mechanic locally.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Wait…….you drive around for 2 weeks with a turbo warning dash light…… that’s likely going to be a very costly mistake my friend.
I suggest you start with the easy things, oil and coolant levels, air filter. When’s the last time you changed your oil and filter?

OP
OP

Tedlc

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic
Country flag
You'll need to provide more info than just the emotions running through your head. Not a single thing you said was usable. I'm not even sure where to start asking for examples.

It might be better you visit a professional mechanic locally.
Okay you are right... Let me back up and calm down... I was upset because I'm walking everywhere now my lady walks to work after bus line runs 2miles one way.

Now I must say that the error code Turbo' light didn't come on until we took the car in to get the oil changed at dealership and then the dashboard lite was on when the shop manager called me to pick up the keys when the mechanic drove the car around to shop manager was doing the paperwork and the keys handed to me when he said that the code was on, I didn't understand at the time why .. it drove fine until the highway exceletation and then it was noticable and then got worse than in town driving it would only go to 40mph and white smoke but not condensation, smoke was still lite/thin transparent and being work to far to walk drove around asking shade tree mechanics and calling dealership and then put on diagnostic machine and said 'Turbo error code' service. They checked the fluids and sensors were fine but then got to where it just hard to start and when it did it wouldn't go at all no power and then next day wouldn't start at all.
I figured it was car computer in shut down mode. * Was first starting after oil change at dealership... Change oil light on 2wks before could take it in to have it serviced.. $$$ was the reason $110 check up oil change.

So I'm a foot and car won't start at all.. Now what do I do ? ...

Thanks for feedback 😃
Tedlc

khimaniz

First Name
Nadim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Country flag
Okay you are right... Let me back up and calm down... I was upset because I'm walking everywhere now my lady walks to work after bus line runs 2miles one way.

Now I must say that the error code Turbo' light didn't come on until we took the car in to get the oil changed at dealership and then the dashboard lite was on when the shop manager called me to pick up the keys when the mechanic drove the car around to shop manager was doing the paperwork and the keys handed to me when he said that the code was on, I didn't understand at the time why .. it drove fine until the highway exceletation and then it was noticable and then got worse than in town driving it would only go to 40mph and white smoke but not condensation, smoke was still lite/thin transparent and being work to far to walk drove around asking shade tree mechanics and calling dealership and then put on diagnostic machine and said 'Turbo error code' service. They checked the fluids and sensors were fine but then got to where it just hard to start and when it did it wouldn't go at all no power and then next day wouldn't start at all.
I figured it was car computer in shut down mode. * Was first starting after oil change at dealership... Change oil light on 2wks before could take it in to have it serviced.. $$$ was the reason $110 check up oil change.

So I'm a foot and car won't start at all.. Now what do I do ? ...

Thanks for feedback 😃
Tedlc
Ok, now my head hurts trying to decipher what you said here. Passing this to anyone else that has the patience.

OP
OP

Tedlc

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic
Country flag
Ok, now my head hurts trying to decipher what you said here. Passing this to anyone else that has the patience.
The dash error code turbo came on one minute after the oil change
Drove ten miles cumulative maybe total. Then wouldn't start at all.
Was driving/running fine before oil change that day.

Thks
Tedlc

Longislandcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 hatchback
Country flag
What are you trying to achieve? You are not going to fix this yourself. Drop it off at the dealer or a qualified mechanic.

OP
OP

Tedlc

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic
Country flag
What are you trying to achieve? You are not going to fix this yourself. Drop it off at the dealer or a qualified mechanic.
Just replacing it won't fix it ?, the turbo kit or whole system setup.
Doesn't anyone know what is wrong with the system. Is it burned out or a sensor gone bad.
Changing the oil on the rack at dealership doesn't make any car go bad. Error code Turbo' only indicates service turbo, what is service turbo mean service which part of it. Check what, replace what. Someone in here has had their service error code Turbo' come on before... What did you do to fix it, Dealership shop time is $65 hr. So can't do that, do the off the shelf kits come pre-set programed to the car engine.
Can't I just plug and play the turbo kit $1,200 and then drive it.

Anyone?
What usually goes wrong at 80k
Miles town driving mostly.

Thks
Tedlc

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What is the actual CEL error code???

Dealership charges $65/hr. labor? Holy 1997, batman.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
If the CEL came on after the dealer service, it’s on them. Take it back.
Sponsored