itsallhistory

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
My son has a 2016 civic and started to change the rear pads. Last night he took off the old pads and the rotors. This morning I went out to finish the job for him. I mistakenly engaged the e-brake which extended the caliper pistons. I took both actuators off to try and finish the job but neither side will tighten up even using an E11 torx bit. I tried using a brake piston tool to push the pistons in, but they'll only compress about half an inch and go no further. Did I just majorly screw up or is there something I can do? I'd rather not take it to a shop but if I have to, I will. I appreciate any help
Sponsored

OP
OP

itsallhistory

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
My son has a 2016 civic and started to change the rear pads. Last night he took off the old pads and the rotors. This morning I went out to finish the job for him. I mistakenly engaged the e-brake which extended the caliper pistons. I took both actuators off to try and finish the job but neither side will tighten up even using an E11 torx bit. I tried using a brake piston tool to push the pistons in, but they'll only compress about half an inch and go no further. Did I just majorly screw up or is there something I can do? I'd rather not take it to a shop but if I have to, I will. I appreciate any help
Problem solved.