Brake Squeal (NOT A ROCK)

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I just noticed it today. It sounds like it's coming from the rear. I'll deal with it for now. Mainly got them because of low brake dust.
Sponsored

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Always clean and grease the sliders/pins and give the retainer spring a good brushing down with a wire brush, along with the surface of the calliper where the spring sits.

If it's the rears, you'll want to check that you fully retracted the parking brake motor during the service, otherwise it could be defaulting to a position that is applying slight pressure. It may only become evident when the brakes are warmed up.

FK8_Rojas

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(BBP 21' CTR) (95' Eagle Talon) (91' Eclipse GSX)
Country flag
I had the same issue with my rear set after about 2k miles I believe. Had them taken off and regreased the caliper components twice with the same issue. Went back to OEM rears in combination with Akebono fronts. Its just not worth the hassle for me until someone else figures out a solution or akebono themselves revises them to fix the problem if possible.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
In my experience the akebonos are pretty consistently squeaky, especially if you've got a few years on the car and the back caliper slides are a little old. Even with brand new rotors i had lots of squeal. But now I run hawks for the track and those honk like geese and squeak constantly also, stop real nice though.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
I've always used Akebono in my dailies and like them for the low dust. Never would've thought it would squeal on my civic at low speed. Only does it when they get some heat in them.

I might just toss them. Any recommendations for low dust and NO squeal?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
I've always used Akebono in my dailies and like them for the low dust. Never would've thought it would squeal on my civic at low speed. Only does it when they get some heat in them.

I might just toss them. Any recommendations for low dust and NO squeal?
EBC Redstuff
Sponsored