Fk8.Spirits

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi I wanna get Wheels for My Fk8, but besides Black Wheels what color would go well with a “Metallic gray.” I’m currently looking at some “Rays Grams lights 57 Transcend Rev Limit edition wheels-Gloss black 18X9.5/5x114/+38”.
Also if I were to go +35 (offset) would there be any rubbing??
Sponsored

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just make sure you get 5x120 patterned wheels because 5x114.3 is for the rest of the Civics around. Rubbing is dependent on many variables - ride height, tire size, willingness to run more aggressive camber profile, and whether or not you would cut your fenders.

Also, start looking through this thread. That thread has a lot of good info and should help you a lot.

OP
OP
Fk8.Spirits

Fk8.Spirits

First Name
Gustavo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just make sure you get 5x120 patterned wheels because 5x114.3 is for the rest of the Civics around. Rubbing is dependent on many variables - ride height, tire size, willingness to run more aggressive camber profile, and whether or not you would cut your fenders.

Also, start looking through this thread. That thread has a lot of good info and should help you a lot.
Thank you for the help

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Fitmentindustries.com

problem solved brother
Is this site still in operation?
Every time I go there I just get ...

{"message":"Forbidden"}.

NM, it works on my phone...
Weird, must be my router security.

Last edited:

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Hi I wanna get Wheels for My Fk8, but besides Black Wheels what color would go well with a “Metallic gray.” I’m currently looking at some “Rays Grams lights 57 Transcend Rev Limit edition wheels-Gloss black 18X9.5/5x114/+38”.
Also if I were to go +35 (offset) would there be any rubbing??
  • Gloss or Matte Black
  • "Hyper Black" (e.g. on Advan's it's like a dark chrome)
  • White ...

Would not suggest going with any of the Gray wheel options unless you can find photo of them on your actual car. Sometimes gray wheels look cool on their own, but then on a gray car ... notsomuch?

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I'm a huge fan of metallic gunmetal colored wheels. They blend in with almost anything and hide brake dust nicely until the next wash.

Metallic gray NSX wheel setup on my CTR:
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel Colors and Wheel opinions IMG_20210620_145114

Putting these gunmetal wheels (just with matching OEM machined TRD center caps) + white letter KO2 tires on my bright orange 4runner in the spring:
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel Colors and Wheel opinions IMG_20230810_162840

Feel it's the most versatile color for wheels and matches almost any car color (black, gray, bright colors like mine, and everything in between).

If contrast with your gray color is a concern, ones with a different color outer pinstripe or outer rim + a matching center cap should break up all the gray nicely.

Otherwise, on a gray car, a nice bright silver or machined wheel always looks good imo.