Replacing vinyl steering wheel with leather

cromero18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Has anyone replaced their vinyl steering wheel with the leather wrapped steering wheel? Need some help installing it.
Sponsored

LT2BLT2A6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 A6 15 RX350
Has anyone replaced their vinyl steering wheel with the leather wrapped steering wheel? Need some help installing it.
College Hills Honda has an excellent video on replacing the 9th Gen Civic wheel with leather, if not exact it may be similar enough. The airbag bolts are not to be reused so make sure you get replacements.

LT2BLT2A6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 A6 15 RX350
College Hills Honda has an excellent video on replacing the 9th Gen Civic wheel with leather, if not exact it may be similar enough. The airbag bolts are not to be reused so make sure you get replacements.
This is the video (if it uploaded)

cfukin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX LX 6spd
I was thinking of upgrading to the leather steering wheel as well, wonder how much it cost for the X.

Namtil101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
The wheel is definitely worth it! So much smoother and it warms to hand very quickly in the cold. I bought the touring not even knowing that was a feature and I was pleasantly surprised.

cfukin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX LX 6spd
Thanks for the responses, gona try to find a good deal in Canada, if not from the states.
Anyone have a good source to share?
:)

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring

danny_vbl

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic ex

vikz99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX, 2015 Honda Pilot EX-L, 2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Country flag
I wrap mine with the type r design leather steering wheel cover!! I believe the type r fits perfectly on any 10th gen.. but I didn't want to mess with the airbag!!
As long as you disconnect battery, there will no issues with airbag.

grumpyoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic DX sedan
Country flag
I'm also looking into replacing the steering wheel grip. Have you encountered any problems? Do the airbag and phone/radio controls swap over easily?

BTW For all yall who want to know how to install a leather
here's a vid on how it's done:
Even better. Check out Cechaflo on YouTube. He is obviously a highly qualified professional leatherworker. Much easier than that poor kid struggling to put his cover on.
He has myriad videos on how to do steering wheels, as well as stitching and lacing types, materials to use, and how to line everything up like a boss.

This is only a small sample. Look through his videos. Hope this helps.

GOM