Green/Blue screen of death

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I tries searching the forum if someone has had this problem but couldnt find anything. Another one to add to the list.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Sponsored

micha3lwin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CBP EX-T, 2013 CRV EX
Country flag
Holy SH!T. so it begins.. the BSOD.

I'm sorry to hear about your headunit. I hope Honda fixes this ASAP. This is not acceptable

ahiguero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Honda Civic EX-L With Navigation
see if you can get to the diagnostic screen:

Press the display button at the top together with the audio on button and the menu button for a couple of seconds. also have you tried rebooting?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
There's also fuse 18 and 19 under the hood. Pulling 18--Standby--confuses the whole car but it will get it back together. (Quoting the fuse numbers from memory reminds me of my days with MyFord Touch. Sigh.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
zshortyz

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
No matter what buttons i pressed the screen would flash. If i pressed the "touch" buttons on the left of the screen it would flash green, if i press the brightness button it would flash green. I tried rebooting it but it would just go back into the flashing green. Unfortunately when this happened i was on a 1.5 hour drive, and turning the car off and on at red lights didnt fix the problem, however once the car was off for about 10-20 minutes and i got back in, it all was normal and i have not had the problem for about 4 days now.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Had the same issue today. 50 some degrees, was fine in the morning. Around noon, I got this. No matter what I pressed it just blinked.

Turned car off and on, no relief. Resetting didn't work. Any touch caused it to blink green. Eventually (after five minutes) it went snowy (like a static tv signal sorta) and rebooted.

This is unacceptable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zshortyz

zshortyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Had the same issue today. 50 some degrees, was fine in the morning. Around noon, I got this. No matter what I pressed it just blinked.

Turned car off and on, no relief. Resetting didn't work. Any touch caused it to blink green. Eventually (after five minutes) it went snowy (like a static tv signal sorta) and rebooted.

This is unacceptable.

Do you have the updated firmware?

epmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I had this happen the day after I bought it, before I got the new firmware. I held down the power button for thirty seconds or so, and it rebooted just fine. If that doesn't sort it, I'd suggest taking it to your dealer.

zaver5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I seem to have just gotten a hybrid of this failure... Green and blue vertical bars. Any commands resulted in just flashing. It automatically rebooted after a couple minutes... No similar issue prior to this (at 11600 miles).

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
This recently happened to me after I removed my radio temporarily. For the record in my case I didn't plug a wiring harness completely in. Once I redid the wiring in back it was fine
Sponsored