clearing snow without scratching paint

hondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We take a lot of precautions when washing (two bucket method) and other actives to prevent scratching our paint. The standard snow brushes can often undue all this diligence. This time I ordered the sno brum and it cleared off the mountains of snow off the car and seemed gentle enough to not scratch the paint. This is the one I used:

http://www.amazon.com/Sno-Brum-Original-Removal-Telescoping/dp/B0007LDXLA/

The plastic handle did crack after pushing and pulling a bunch of snow, but I'm sure I can glue it back on.

Here was the dig out progress
Honda Civic 10th gen clearing snow without scratching paint Digout
Sponsored

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I see our local GM dealer on the way to work uses the same snow blade and also a gas powered sidewalk/ leaf blower to clean off their cars. I can't afford a huge leaf blower so I use a soft bristled car wash brush paired with a 6 ft long wooden handle, both from Home Depot. This works so well that I have four of them. If I ever see one of these, I'll have to try it.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Step 1 - Put on glove.
Step 2 - Use gloved hand to remove snow.
Step 3 - Drive car.

amojo89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
So... We had a massive snow storm here in VA. I tried so hard not to scratch my car... but i manged to get a scratch on my rear bumper. Any one have any recommendations of what to use for little paint scratches?

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
NBC nightly news had some video a a high school hockey team "volunteering" by shoveling out people's cars. You could see them just running snow shovels down the sides of cars, scraping the metal. While broadcast as a feel good story, I watched it as a horror flick.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

lowandslow24

EJ6<FC1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T and 1996 Civic EX Coupe
Want to know what I do? Nothing. I brush/scrape the glass and go. Let the sun and wind do the rest.

jhaze84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I use the Sno Brum like OP. It doesn't scratch paint and clears snow faster than a brush. Well worth the $25 in my opinion. One downside is that it doesn't have an ice scraper like most brushes, so I also keep a small ice scraper in my trunk for the windows.
Sponsored