• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

EnnioTypeR

First Name
Ennio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20’ Sonic Grey Pearl Type R
When I agreed to the $699 on April 1, honda was financing at 5.9. I picked up my car yesterday and they were using Saratoga national bank at 7.49. If I didn’t just drive 2 and a half hours to go get the car, I would’ve cancelled the deal
Sponsored

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
When I agreed to the $699 on April 1, honda was financing at 5.9. I picked up my car yesterday and they were using Saratoga national bank at 7.49. If I didn’t just drive 2 and a half hours to go get the car, I would’ve cancelled the deal
Yeah Honda Financing isn't at 5.9 anymore, I learned that picking up the car this past Friday. Unless you signed paperwork and got the financing on April 1st, which is impossible if they did not have possession of the car, you're subject to whatever the rates are. I'd recommend just refinancing after 3 months or attempt to pay down the loan quicker.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Yeah Honda Financing isn't at 5.9 anymore, I learned that picking up the car this past Friday. Unless you signed paperwork and got the financing on April 1st, which is impossible if they did not have possession of the car, you're subject to whatever the rates are. I'd recommend just refinancing after 3 months or attempt to pay down the loan quicker.
Why wait 3 months unless Honda Financial Services has a prepayment penalty within the first 90 days of the loan closing. If possible, I would look to refi ASAP before rates move higher.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Why wait 3 months unless Honda Financial Services has a prepayment penalty within the first 90 days of the loan closing. If possible, I would look to refi ASAP before rates move higher.
When Can You Refinance Your Vehicle?
After purchasing your car, you have to wait for at least 60-90 days to refinance your vehicle because that is the minimum amount of time it takes to transfer the car title into your name. After this period passes, you have the green light to refinance. But it’s best to come prepared even here, so let’s discuss the best times for going through such a procedure.

The First 60-90 Days Of The Car Loan
Typically, it takes two to three months for the car title to transfer from the manufacturer to the buyer or from the previous owner to your current lender. Your application will likely get rejected if the title hasn’t been transferred yet. However, waiting can prove beneficial, too, because it would allow you to qualify for loans from more than just one refinancing lender.

Yet another essential factor to keep in mind is the hit your credit score suffered due to a hard inquiry on your credit report, which might have caused your credit score to drop a little. Unless you have over 690, waiting for the credit score to improve is a good idea.

davilla413

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Boost Blue CTR 05334, ‘04 S2K, ‘97 Prelude SH
I picked mine up on May 5th at Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, VA.

List: $44,845 (no accessories)
Market Adjustment: $15,000
They gave me "In Store Savings": -$6,675.25

Total before TTL & dock: $53,169.75

Did finance with Honda, but will refinance after 3 months. The rates were not good, even with perfect credit.

Most dealers I called in MD, VA, PA, NJ, WV either didn't have an allocation or outright refused to bargain on the market adjustment. One dealer in DE had two on the lot and were holding firm at $20k over.

NERO808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP Type R • ‘23 CW Type R
Just bailed on the CW CTR at Mentor Honda. I believe it was a 10K markup and they included accessories like the CF wing, leather shift knob, suede wheel, PPF Front, "ceramic coat", tint, etc.
https://www.hondaofmentor.com/new-vehicles/?_dFR[model][0]=Civic%20Type%20R&_dFR[type][0]=New&_paymentType=our_price

The sales person name is Donald and when I told him I was bailing for a 5K markup I have in town now that cars are showing in transit, it seemed like he was 100% willing to negotiate on the price of the car. Didn't seem worth it to me because I would still have to account for shipping and I'd rather have my own detail shop do the ceramic/tint and only wanted the CF wing in the accessories.

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Just bailed on the CW CTR at Mentor Honda. I believe it was a 10K markup and they included accessories like the CF wing, leather shift knob, suede wheel, PPF Front, "ceramic coat", tint, etc.
https://www.hondaofmentor.com/new-vehicles/?_dFR[model][0]=Civic%20Type%20R&_dFR[type][0]=New&_paymentType=our_price

The sales person name is Donald and when I told him I was bailing for a 5K markup I have in town now that cars are showing in transit, it seemed like he was 100% willing to negotiate on the price of the car. Didn't seem worth it to me because I would still have to account for shipping and I'd rather have my own detail shop do the ceramic/tint and only wanted the CF wing in the accessories.
Smart move! Good for you.

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R

Smart move by you. Keep being patient and you'll find one for the right deal. Someone on here will probably take that deal 😂

NERO808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart move by you. Keep being patient and you'll find one for the right deal. Someone on here will probably take that deal 😂
Started getting paranoid thinking that was going to be the best deal to haggle on if the 5k markup backed out on me. Called the GM with the 5K ADM the moment everything showed up in transit and he told me we were still on to make a deal. Deal included my car though with a value of $37000 but I sold it to Carmax for $41K last week... Still willing to work with me without it so I truly got lucky. A good value on my trade and a decent ADM.

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
Started getting paranoid thinking that was going to be the best deal to haggle on if the 5k markup backed out on me. Called the GM with the 5K ADM the moment everything showed up in transit and he told me we were still on to make a deal. Deal included my car though with a value of $37000 but I sold it to Carmax for $41K last week... Still willing to work with me without it so I truly got lucky. A good value on my trade and a decent ADM.
That's great man. I'm starting to see that more dealers are starting to get closer to the 5k adm point. I'm almost to my saving goal and when I get there, I'm going to pounce on the first fl5 that has an adm of 5k or lower. Paying more than 5k for the adm at this point of the process just doesn't make much sense since most of the people that really wanted a fl5 ASAP and were willing to pay a crazy adm now have them. Hope everything goes smooth for you the rest of the process

NERO808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's great man. I'm starting to see that more dealers are starting to get closer to the 5k adm point. I'm almost to my saving goal and when I get there, I'm going to pounce on the first fl5 that has an adm of 5k or lower. Paying more than 5k for the adm at this point of the process just doesn't make much sense since most of the people that really wanted a fl5 ASAP and were willing to pay a crazy adm now have them. Hope everything goes smooth for you the rest of the process
I've used that point with a lot of Cali dealers when backing out on their ridiculous ADMs of 15-30K that 90% of the time included physically nothing lol something along the lines of "people might've been willing to pay that price to be first but that time has passed now and that's why yours and others are sitting". The energy through the texts do a 180 😂 And thank you! Fingers crossed forsure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
I would have already owned a Type R if I hadn't spent a fortune on my GRY. Now I have to wait even longer because I'm still not willing to pay over $10k for ADM.

What are everyone's thoughts on the 2024 Type R? Any anticipated changes? Is it worth waiting for future models? One thing I always struggle with is buying first-year production cars. I tend to regret not waiting for the last or near-last year of production, as they often come with improvements or adjustments.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I would have already owned a Type R if I hadn't spent a fortune on my GRY. Now I have to wait even longer because I'm still not willing to pay over $10k for ADM.

What are everyone's thoughts on the 2024 Type R? Any anticipated changes? Is it worth waiting for future models? One thing I always struggle with is buying first-year production cars. I tend to regret not waiting for the last or near-last year of production, as they often come with improvements or adjustments.
I'm of the mind that all bets are off for the FL5 with respect to using the past as an indication of what will happen in the future. It's not clear how long this generation will run, the intent to ramp up or ramp down production, or how external events may impact pricing, supply, demand, etc. In short, if you truly want the car, I would make provisions to secure one sooner than later. Assuming the FL5 will be available a few years from now is not a bet I would take.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
@007 I may have missed it. How did you secure a GRY?

I had it shipped to Thailand all the way from the UK. I spend around 6 months a year there because my wife is Thai.

I snagged a brand new 2023 Circuit Pack with only 27 km on the clock. I had to wait it out for several months, but in the end, I ended up paying more than I initially wanted to.

I was just so damn obsessed with this car, I couldn't help but overpay like a complete idiot. I mean, who wants to wait for years like most people do after securing an allocation? Not me, lol.
Sponsored