Toyota Camry destroyed me civic wtf

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Funny I read this little story and a similar event happened to me but with a different outcome =) Some of the Camry's around here have D3Performance Turbo kit :

TRD Camry on paper 0 - 60 5.6 sec quarter mile 13.9-14.2.

Anyway, I was (one of the my other cars) in a 2022 Camaro LT1 =D (lightweight version of the camaro SS... just plain raw muscle with no comforts) 10 speed. This 2019+ White TRD Camry was seriously messing with me. So as he's passing me (doing 70 in a 45 lol already) I feather the throttle and stay ahead of him. I guess he didn't like that... so we meet at the light (you know we both had to stop lol... not the Fast & Furious Cuban mile here folks) and he's revving it up... inching forward. Now the thing about the LT1 is the 5 - 60mph time is incredible... 4.2 seconds which rivals a new M3! Don't forget, the LT1 can be up to 309 lbs lighter than a 1SS depending on the options between both cars. Couple that with a 10A = dominance :) Even the 5.0 10A's can't touch me (stock vs. stock)... some tried but I was always 1 -3 cars ahead @ 130 mph. So you know... he was thinking low end torque i'm faster off the line... well this camaro is very smart with the traction control believe me :) You can just step into it half-way then after 20 go all the way and hit 0 - 60 3.8 - 4.1 seconds stock (with practice)! Anyway... we both took off, and I literally put a train length on him by 60. Then after I slow down he does the the typical ricer flyby lol!

Moral of the story... you want a cheap mean ass muscle best bang for the buck car... get the LT1 10A with dual-mode exhaust (nothing more... keep the weight down). =) 0.96 lateral g's, 60 - 0 brake in 99ft (CTR performance here) functional vented hood similar to the ZR1 design (don't like the dual SS hood) but not as high with quad dual-mode exhaust. This also has competition mode... a lot of people didn't know this. Press the traction control button twice quickly while in sport mode and it goes to competition mode =) all wrapped in a lightweight baby carriage! Sadly though, I recently sold for 4k more than I paid for it because the color combo was rare (shortages), it had only 1800 miles on it and was taken right off the delivery truck at the dealership... meaning it was never test driven so it was properly broken in and not all scratched up by those dealership detailers lol!

IMG_2125.jpg
Hard pass on new chevys.

scottgas

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, 2007 Nissan Xterra SE, 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE, 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A
Country flag
So I was driving along late night around 1am the road was clear when a Camry flew pass me full speed so I decided to catch up to him at red light and oh boy he pulls down his window and nod his head ....so as the green light came on I floor my car in L gear also was on map 3 of tsp tune i was able to keep up with him for about 4 seconds and then this Camry just run away and left me about 4 to 5 car lengths ahead of me I was shocked so is the Camry way faster than a 1.5 cvt turbo civic on tsp map 3 tune ? Dude I was like what da actual fuccc
As a lifelong Toyota guy and 3 decade MR2 guy the 3.5 liter 2GR pulls like a beast. Beyond that proper headers that do away with the close coupled cats are worth 40 whp. This engine is the current engine of choice for 2 gen MR2s. A 1.5t CVT Civic doesn't stand a chance.

a lil taste of a 2GR powered MR2