Steering is stiff and notchy feeling

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
l have reported it to this website. Honda Corporate responded to my inquiry with a case number and twice told me to have the dealer inspect it. Both times the dealer said the same thing: needs a steering rack. Reported it to Honda Corporate and they were not interested in helping with any extended warranty or customer assistance. I now just live with the aggravation of it and use it as an “around town” car as it is frustrating (not to mention dangerous) to drive on the open highway.
Have you tried turning VSA (vehicle stability) off and seeing if you can recreate the issue?

VSA is one of the things that can muck with the steering... found that through one of these threads, when I read the Service Manual that someone had helpfully supplied. I've started turning mine off, but I only ever got the steering issue on very long highway drives, and I hardly ever do those... so I can't yet say whether it makes a difference or not.

It's really weird because I go on LONG country drives... and I don't get the issue on those drives. But point it down a straight highway and that seems to do it... so if it was say an overheating issue, then I would expect to get it in both cases.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Ok no different here with VSA on or off but…

what I notice (I think) is that it’s only (more?) notchy turning to the RIGHT

it’s for sure not tires / wheels / alignment etc.