Jordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I replaced my factory Steering wheel earlier this week and in the process of getting the steering wheel to be straight I drove up and down my driveway to get the power steering to pull the wheel to be straight. However, since I had to do this a handful of times I didn't reconnect the airbag every time that I went down and came back up the driveway to test how straight it was.

After I got everything hooked back up and started the car My LKAS and ACC are deactivated and I can't get them to turn back on and the amber brake system light is on (Solid not blinking). I have no check engine light on and I have no SRS/Airbag lights on and all of the controls on my steering wheel work Including the Honda Sensing controls, I just can't set a cruise speed or turn the main on/off.

I left the negative connector on my battery terminal off for about an hour in hopes that it would reset it but it did not. I've also connected to the OBD port to make sure there were no codes thrown that didn't trip the CEL and there were no stored or pending codes. Other than not being able to use cruise control the car runs like normal.

Also, probably not at all related but you never know.. My maintenance minder is for the B17 maintenance which includes replacing brake fluid. I would imagine this would not cause the brake system light to come on but I guess you never know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just clear the lights with a scan tool. And no the maintenance minder won't affect anything else.
I've connected my scan tool and there are no codes that it is showing that can be cleared.

OP
OP

Jordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
May need a more In depth scan tool. Does yours read srs codes?
After doing some digging on the one I have it doesn't look like it does.

Scvchau

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Fk8
Country flag
After doing some digging on the one I have it doesn't look like it does.
Hey Jordan, I have the same issue. Did you ever get it fixed?

I replaced my wheel with Worksbell aftermarket set up and my lights came on the dash/buttons don't work as well (They still illuminate at night)

OP
OP

Jordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Jordan, I have the same issue. Did you ever get it fixed?

I replaced my wheel with Worksbell aftermarket set up and my lights came on the dash/buttons don't work as well (They still illuminate at night)
I found that I had one of the cables not fully seated in the plug so go though all of the plugs and make sure you don’t have a bad connection

Scvchau

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Fk8
Country flag
Thanks for that information.

I did take apart all the pieces to check if anything wasn't connecting properly and it was all fine.

I went as far as removing my steering wheel, putting the stock one back on and taking it through honda warranty.

Dealership stated they replaced all the components behind the wheel all the way up to the ECU and the lights where still on/issue isnt resolved. I am tuned on Hondata so they refused to do anymore work as they think the issue might be a result of the tune.

Not sure if anyone else has this issue

OP
OP

Jordan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for that information.

I did take apart all the pieces to check if anything wasn't connecting properly and it was all fine.

I went as far as removing my steering wheel, putting the stock one back on and taking it through honda warranty.

Dealership stated they replaced all the components behind the wheel all the way up to the ECU and the lights where still on/issue isnt resolved. I am tuned on Hondata so they refused to do anymore work as they think the issue might be a result of the tune.

Not sure if anyone else has this issue
Is it throwing you a code at all?