burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What’s going on guys. So I just picked up my fk8 a week ago. I’m getting a clunking sound and I finally have a day off to check this out. I just popped the hood and noticed this. On my driver side strut everything seems in place and secure and when I look at my passenger side strut tower. I noticed this bolt is missing. On older civics that’s for the upper camber kit. What could possibly be missing here ?

Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly missing from suspension component IMG_6189

Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly missing from suspension component IMG_6190

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The missing stud on the passenger side is the camber stud. Not the end of the world that it’s gone. May want to watch that side tire for alignment.
As for the noise you hear, I doubt very much that is causing it.
The clunking sound is rather vague. Best to record video with the best sound you can and share it on the forum. Someone may be able to help with that. Without being there, we would mostly be guessing.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The missing stud on the passenger side is the camber stud. Not the end of the world that it’s gone. May want to watch that side tire for alignment.
As for the noise you hear, I doubt very much that is causing it.
The clunking sound is rather vague. Best to record video with the best sound you can and share it on the forum. Someone may be able to help with that. Without being there, we would mostly be guessing.
What could have caused that to break ? Is there something I can order to replace that maybe some sort of part number ? And yeah I couldn’t figure out the noise so next weekend I’ll take the car to the alignment shop so they can check it out on a lift.

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Someone removed it to gain more camber adjustability on the car.
the fact that the pin is missing in one side, and the drivers side has one unalike nut from the OEM tells me that someone has been in there messing around with the suspension.

si@vegas

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Those are just guide pins for assembly. Doesn't do anything really. I removed mine to gain some camber adjustability.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Someone removed it to gain more camber adjustability on the car.
the fact that the pin is missing in one side, and the drivers side has one unalike nut from the OEM tells me that someone has been in there messing around with the suspension.
Agreed - with clunking noises my first stop is endlinks / swaybars. If someone installed them without the suspension loaded - popcorn city.

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Agreed - with clunking noises my first stop is endlinks / swaybars. If someone installed them without the suspension loaded - popcorn city.
yeha I dealt with this noise before it has to be it. Jacking up the R now to see what’s sup

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I ended up taking my R to my local Honda mechanic. He threw it on the lift and tested everything and said that my front sway bar bushings are bad and that’s what’s causing the metal clunk I’m hearing. Does anyone have a link to front sway bar bushings ? I can’t find anything on eBay and or Google. I even checked Honda parts now and didn’t find anything on there either.

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
They are bonded to the OEM bar. I haven’t heard of sway bar bushings being bad on a 10th gen yet. Wonder if it is aftermarket. Did they send you photos?

OP
OP
burningoilagain

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
They are bonded to the OEM bar. I haven’t heard of sway bar bushings being bad on a 10th gen yet. Wonder if it is aftermarket. Did they send you photos?
no wonder I cannot find them anywhere. Nah no photos I was just under the car with him and he was taking a crowbar and adding tension to it to see if it makes noise. I wonder if it was the sway bar end links making noise and maybe not the bushings itself.

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I still say - get suspension loaded on ramps - loosen everything - tighten everything.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I ended up taking my R to my local Honda mechanic. He threw it on the lift and tested everything and said that my front sway bar bushings are bad and that’s what’s causing the metal clunk I’m hearing. Does anyone have a link to front sway bar bushings ? I can’t find anything on eBay and or Google. I even checked Honda parts now and didn’t find anything on there either.
I would ask the dealership to warranty this issue imo. The 'drivetrain' and suspension isn't it covered through 100k? Worth a shot. Imo that shouldn't 'wear out' on such a fairly 'new' car overall. After 100k sure anything is game.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I would ask the dealership to warranty this issue imo. The 'drivetrain' and suspension isn't it covered through 100k? Worth a shot. Imo that shouldn't 'wear out' on such a fairly 'new' car overall. After 100k sure anything is game.
Negative. I assume USA is the same

Honda Civic 10th gen Possibly missing from suspension component Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 10.27.37 PM
Sponsored