MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Prototype Coilovers Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeisterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNR32
We got our first set of the MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Coilovers Prototype for the CivicX platform. :)
I just thought I share the pictures so all can see.

The next questions will be how we will test this suspension out.
Everything seems pretty straight forward, it is just minor adjustments and conformation of the ride height adjustments range.

Honda Civic 10th gen MeisterR ZetaCRD+ Prototype Coilovers Arrived! {filename}

They are very pretty looking... as usual. :)

Jerrick
Sponsored

enufced904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
This is great! Would you be able to share photos once they are installed?

2hot2handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC-TOURING, 2005 EVO VIII
curious.... what are the spring rates and how much travel do they have?

2hot2handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those camber plates in the photo are the for the fronts NOT the rear. Also I just looked under my car at the rear suspension and its setup like a truck. The springs sits on the control arm on its own perch and the shock/strut attaches to the same control arm SEPARATE from the spring. Holy sh!t, I did not see that coming from Honda.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'll be damned, you're right - I didn't realize the front shocks were so short lol.

But yeah, the upper mounts should have been a giveaway - fail on my part :/

2hot2handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All good, no trolling here. But your comment got me curious and I literally looked under my car and our rear setup surprised the hell outa me. I don't believe it will be to much of a pain to lower the rear but because they're separated, we'll need to set the spring height first and then set the shock/strut to preload the spring. I would imagine that will require some playing around to ensure it's set right.

Hngo25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Those camber plates in the photo are the for the fronts NOT the rear. Also I just looked under my car at the rear suspension and its setup like a truck. The springs sits on the control arm on its own perch and the shock/strut attaches to the same control arm SEPARATE from the spring. Holy sh!t, I did not see that coming from Honda.
The 9th gen civic is that same also.

2hot2handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that info.... I've been outa the honda game so long I was just assuming double wish bone or macpherson strut setups. I wonder how similar the 9th gen suspension is to the 10th now.

OP
OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNR32
This is great! Would you be able to share photos once they are installed?
Yep, we are on it. :)

curious.... what are the spring rates and how much travel do they have?
Springs rate are front 6kg/mm, rear 4kg/mm
Front have about 5" of travel, and rear has over 7" of travel.

Remember that this is dual perch design coilovers, so lowering do not affect damper travel.
We can also adjust the static position within the stroke so we can adjust the compression / rebound travel ratio.

Honda and many other manufacturer is going for the in-board springs design.
A bit of a pain for us as it mean there are 2 parts, but i can see why they are doing it.
It just require some extra calculation on our part, on the whole you can still make the suspension work and work well. :)

Jerrick

Hngo25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that info.... I've been outa the honda game so long I was just assuming double wish bone or macpherson strut setups. I wonder how similar the 9th gen suspension is to the 10th now.
The 9th gen civic rear struct is accessible from the trunk but the
Yep, we are on it. :)

Springs rate are front 6kg/mm, rear 4kg/mm
Front have about 5" of travel, and rear has over 7" of travel.

Remember that this is dual perch design coilovers, so lowering do not affect damper travel.
We can also adjust the static position within the stroke so we can adjust the compression / rebound travel ratio.

Honda and many other manufacturer is going for the in-board springs design.
A bit of a pain for us as it mean there are 2 parts, but i can see why they are doing it.
It just require some extra calculation on our part, on the whole you can still make the suspension work and work well. :)

Jerrick
hopefully these are in the market soon. Anxiously waiting

Perry Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex
What is taking so long. I'm starting to think those aren't for the civic and they are blowing smoke. Send me a pair and I'll install them same day and start a review. Why have these not been installed yet

OP
OP
MeisterR

MeisterR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BNR32
What is taking so long. I'm starting to think those aren't for the civic and they are blowing smoke. Send me a pair and I'll install them same day and start a review. Why have these not been installed yet
We have one of the members coming to my local affiliate so we can install.
I would like to personally oversee the install if possible as I can pick out anything that isn't 100% right, so it is just arranging everything.

We also have the Nismo Festival this weekend so all hands are on deck as my dealer and I are quite heavily involved with the Nissan and Z community.
But we are on it, it is sitting next to me right and I would like to get it on ASAP so i can give the green light for production.

Jerrick

Perry Wilson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex
Would you guys be willing to send or sell a prototype pair? I've built plenty of cars and would have no issue with install I assure you. I'd be more than willing to do a long term review to get this ball rolling.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.