Stoney4life78

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback w turbo
Country flag
I noticed the tunerview was not connecting, that's how this started. I connected to the ktuner device to see if there was an up date that I'd missed. Indeed it prompted me to up date So I did. I have no idea exactly how but when I was up dating or so I thought I had actually returned my 2018 hatchback 1.5t (non si) back to stock....I suppose because now, when I hold the cancel button, I can't cycle through the tunes. I have tried numerous times to re-upload the phearable 1.5r back into the ecu but at the bottom where is indicates its either connected or disconnected or communicating or verifying..... it rapidly cycles through all those prompts flashing from red to green over and over and then a message says it was not able to communicate. It will give me 3 options, retry a middle option(forgot),or disconnect... no matter what, the middle option is greyed out and no mater top or bottom, it freezes. On occasion it will say (if I'm using the original piece of outdated shit laptop) that the tune is partially locked and I can see it in the header at the top of the page. I was thinking there may be an issue with the laptop so I went and dropped 450 on a new one, only for the same shit to happen, minus the being able to see the phearable to, I can't see it at all. Ktuner has me seriously thinking about some real REAL DARK SHIT because not only are they NOT helping me but the smart mouth MF'ER I'm talking thinks he cute..... any ways... any help in the way of getting this worked out is appreciated and I'm sorry if I come off as.."that guy" I'm trying REAL hard to keep My shit together.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried uninstalling the KTuner software and drivers and then reinstalling? Make sure your KTuner firmware is up to date too.

OP
OP

Stoney4life78

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback w turbo
Country flag
When you say Uninstall software and drivers, you're referring to from my laptop? Or the car? To be honest, it was rather easy to order the ktuner and upload the tune to the car even though not fully knowing what is going on other than "jam this in, get more power" so I'm sorry if I come off as a bit air headed. I bought a new laptop yesterday because I thought it was the laptop which means I had to install ktuner to the new laptop. Would not doing that have done what you suggested? I appreciate your response
Sponsored