Help with Wheels/Tires

myfirstcivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Hey guys -

Just bought a Metallic LX (first new car) and I know next to nothing about cars. Thanks to this community, I've been able to swap out interior LEDs and install HID bulbs all on my own, which I know doesn't sound like much but is actually huge.

I was hoping someone could help me with switching out the stock wheels/tires. The LX has the 16" rims with the plastic hub and I know that I want to swap it out for something a little nicer. All I know is that 17" and alloys are recommended. After that, I got nothing. Any help/resources would be appreciated tremendously.

Thanks. I know you guys will come through in some way.
Sponsored

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
Go to Tirerack.com. Select 2016 Honda Civic with your color and select to view 17" size wheels. You can look at your car with many many different styles of wheels to see what you like. You can then order them from tirerack or buy them locally.

Traum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Depending on your intended usage of the car, I'd say 17" wheels are not necessarily preferred over the small 16" size. Depending on your priorities, there are situations where 16" could be preferred over the 17". For example, when you move "up" to a 17" wheel, the tire's aspect ratio reduces -- ie. the tire sidewall gets shorter. This gives the car a bit more control and a more precise steering feel, but it also comes at the expense of reduced ride comfort. Generally speaking, a larger diameter wheel + tire combo is also both heavier and have more mass further out from the center of the wheel. This increases rotational inertia, which in simpler terms, means that your car feels less torquey, and may cause of a bit gas mileage reduction as well.

And then there are budget, looks, tire selection, performance, etc.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can use 17s on 215-50-17 year round, like the touring wheel specs.

18s seem to be the popular choice on here. I'd go 215-45-18 or 225, 235-40 depending on rim width. Some members also have 19s.

I'd start by going on tire rack and sort by wheel weight.

Last edited: