AngryLettuce

First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
Apologies if this has been asked but I can't find a thread with an answer. It may be the grammar/correct description I'm using that's my problem.

What I'd like to know is can the 'enhanced' engine sound be deleted from the car ?

I saw a youtube where a lad pulls some wires out of something behind the dash but I'm not convinced with that, seems amateur??

I have a history of V6 and V8's so the Honda sounds makes me puke, it's too fake. I had a 335d MSport and that did the same and it couldn't be turned off. Race car sounds on the inside, tractor clanging on the outside. Really pissed me off.
The V8 twin turbo (609bhp) I had before the civic made real noises, filthy noises in fact. Maybe that's why I can't endure the silicone boobs of the Honda.

Don't throw abuse, I've used the search function (for so many topics over the last week I'm getting dejavu), but I'm too English to find the answer ;-D
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
If you're talking about the exhaust sound track that is found on the 20/21 Civics under the glove box area, then yes it can be removed

This video should help

OP
OP
AngryLettuce

AngryLettuce

First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
If you're talking about the exhaust sound track that is found on the 20/21 Civics under the glove box area, then yes it can be removed

This video should help
Nice one. That's the same thing I saw on another video. I guess it's a microphone in the engine bay amplified into my poor punished ear drums via that silly silver module.

Thanks for the reply:thumbsup:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Nice one. That's the same thing I saw on another video. I guess it's a microphone in the engine bay amplified into my poor punished ear drums via that silly silver module.

Thanks for the reply:thumbsup:
I don't think it's a microphone in the engine bay. I would assume it's pre-recorded audio from somewhere being piped in; which in all likelihood makes it worse.

OP
OP
AngryLettuce

AngryLettuce

First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
I don't think it's a microphone in the engine bay. I would assume it's pre-recorded audio from somewhere being piped in; which in all likelihood makes it worse.
G
Agreed. It's unnecessary unless you're thirteen and the sound is coming from your playstation controller:dance:

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy crap! I take some time off the forums and Honda goes and does something silly like this? Ugh. Mustangs do the same thing. So frickin’ annoying. Why people? Why?!

ShaneAnigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type-R
Country flag
Holy crap! I take some time off the forums and Honda goes and does something silly like this? Ugh. Mustangs do the same thing. So frickin’ annoying. Why people? Why?!
Because they think that modern turbocharged 4-cylinder engines are too quiet, and they're not entirely wrong. The 1st thing I did to my Mk7 GTI was switch off the noisemaker (VW's is just a device that vibrates the firewall based on engine RPM), and without it, the car cruised comfortably at 100mph+ with little indication of how fast you were actually traveling. :D

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
This is another overblown internet creation. I unplugged mine and the difference is hardly noticeable. The sound is the same for 99% of everyday driving. Which is to say that you never hear the piped in fake sound. The enhanced engine sound only comes into play in R mode at higher RPM. Otherwise it’s not there

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious, is this just the 20+ models?