Alexsantosjr01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport touring
Country flag
I just bought the KTuner but I have a racechip as well, if I use both of them would damage or conflict?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You should either:

A. Keep the KTuner
B. Ditch the KTuner
C. Keep the RaceChip
D. Ditch the RaceChip
E. Keep the KTuner and ditch the RaceChip
F. Ditch the KTuner and keep the RaceChip

I 100% recommend you choose "E". Lol

Robot3RK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Racechip was designed as an ECU piggyback when it comes to altering the behavior of your car for more horsepower and torque while KTuner was designed to flash directly on to an ECU to achieve the same effect. KTuner is more efficient than Racechip. You mainly only want to use Racechip if you are afraid of Smog Checks for ECU tampering detection. KTuner can be used to flash an ECU back to stock though. Using both at the same time would definitely affect your car in a negative way. You basically have the ECU fighting with the Racechip and KTuner. Your ride will not be smooth if you use both at the same time.

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX sedan 6MT (Canadian)
Country flag
Which RaceChip product do you have?
... because they make the Chip Tuning products and a separate throttle control (Pedal Box)

There is no problem using a throttle controller in conjunction with Ktuner...
That said I do NOT advise using the throttle control functions in Ktuner if you do so.
You don't want the two combining to give you a hair trigger throttle or any odd results.
You can use both, just don't turn on the throttle settings in the Ktuner. To be safe...

I looked very hard at the Pedal Box, but ended up choosing a different product.
I use the evcX controller and it is awesome. Full stop. With a KTuner V2 as well.

Otherwise if you were referring to the Racechip "Chip Tuning" products, then yes I think you have been given the right advice. Forget that and just use Ktuner alone...
Sponsored