Bluetooth Connection (Stopped Working)

Dfine06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
My bluetooth worked for months since i first got my car, then out of nowhere it just stopped connecting. This happen to anyone? I tried everything from powering on and off the phone, to forgetting the device. and re installing basically. Any thought?
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My bluetooth worked for months since i first got my car, then out of nowhere it just stopped connecting. This happen to anyone? I tried everything from powering on and off the phone, to forgetting the device. and re installing basically. Any thought?
Try going to Phone Setup | Bluetooth Setup | Delete Device and then re-pairing it.

OP
OP

Dfine06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Unfortunately tried that and still not working.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Unfortunately tried that and still not working.
Have you tried connecting your phone to any other bluetooth devices to make sure your phone is working?

Also, have you tried rebooting the head unit? (Hold the Audio Power button for 10 seconds.)

If so, then I guess it's dealer time. :-(

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
I just had the same issue, i did a factory reset on the on the display (sport touring) and it started working. I later found that i could just hold the power button until it beeps.

raleighross

First Name
David L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2008 Tundra, 2009 Elantra
I just had the same issue, i did a factory reset on the on the display (sport touring) and it started working. I later found that i could just hold the power button until it beeps.
Had my 2016 Touring for a year. Connections to my iPhone been getting iffy for 6 months or more. At first turning off the car and back on would auto connect. Then that stopped working. Honda tech support via phone said to reset the system by holding down power button for 10 seconds. That worked for a few weeks. Then phone would not pair at all. Tech support had me remove the phone from the car list AND the car from the phone list. Worked for a week or few. Then car bluetooth would not turn on. Tech support had me do the system reset buried deep in the menus. That fixed it for now but it has been less than a week. They told me I'd need to visit a dealer if the problem comes back. :(

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Had my 2016 Touring for a year. Connections to my iPhone been getting iffy for 6 months or more. At first turning off the car and back on would auto connect. Then that stopped working. Honda tech support via phone said to reset the system by holding down power button for 10 seconds. That worked for a few weeks. Then phone would not pair at all. Tech support had me remove the phone from the car list AND the car from the phone list. Worked for a week or few. Then car bluetooth would not turn on. Tech support had me do the system reset buried deep in the menus. That fixed it for now but it has been less than a week. They told me I'd need to visit a dealer if the problem comes back. :(
Does your phone connect properly with any other bluetooth devices?

raleighross

First Name
David L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does your phone connect properly with any other bluetooth devices?
Apple iPhone 6s+. Pairs fine with my Apple Watch, my old Jabra visor unit, my plantronics over the ear noise cancelling with mic headset, and various misc speakers around the house. Plus my 2009 Elantra with mediocre Bluetooth unit and the little BT dongle I use to play from my phone to various things with only an AUX jack.

GB41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Apple iPhone 6s+. Pairs fine with my Apple Watch, my old Jabra visor unit, my plantronics over the ear noise cancelling with mic headset, and various misc speakers around the house. Plus my 2009 Elantra with mediocre Bluetooth unit and the little BT dongle I use to play from my phone to various things with only an AUX jack.
Hi, I have a Sport model hatch and the base radio Bluetooth works fine for music but not calls. I am prompted every time if I want to use hands free by both my phone and car stereo. Only when I click yes on the phone will it work for calls, not on the head unit. It does nothing. If I try and play a VM, it goes to play it and cuts out immediately. Anyone seen this?

GB41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Hi, I have a Sport model hatch and the base radio Bluetooth works fine for music but not calls. I am prompted every time if I want to use hands free by both my phone and car stereo. Only when I click yes on the phone will it work for calls, not on the head unit. It does nothing. If I try and play a VM, it goes to play it and cuts out immediately. Anyone seen this?
iPhone 7.

raleighross

First Name
David L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a note. I do NOT use Apple's CarPlay or what ever they call it. It just annoys me. I tried turning it on yesterday for a 7 hour road trip and am more convinced than ever that I'd rather have it off. I set my phone on the bezel above the car display. Sideways. I have it plugged in via a cable to the connection under the dash in the "hidden" area of the console. Works great for me. My phone does Google Maps just fine. But I have access to all the dash functions which isn't true when CarPlay is active.

Dekai

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag

I don't have the touch screen so this was driving me insane. All the fixes seem to only be for the touch screen. Sent about two hours searching and found this guys video on how to reflash the Bluetooth. Cliff notes are press one and six on the radio presets simultaneously. Then press power. That opens a sub menu. Select 1 twice then select 6 which is Bluetooth reflash. Hope this helps.
Sponsored