Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I know Grassrootsmotorsports recently had an article claiming these tires were actually faster and last longer than Yoko A052s but in my hands, the differences from Falken RT660s are pretty minimal. I wonder if it is the pressures I am running them at. Apparently for a Lotus series in Europe, they are suggesting as low as 29 PSI hot for a lighter Lotus Elise/Excige etc. but I tend to run about 35-36 PSI hot (starting around 26-27 cold) for a 275 on a 9.5" rim. I have fiddled with pressures during the day and let out enough air that when the front tire cooled, it was just 24 PSI but it (or at least I) wasn't any faster.
Sponsored

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
@DPL8 is ...maybe he can chime in...he just won 1st place at Gridlife on them so thats positive!

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I LOVE THEM... in all seriousness, I swapped to them from the 71rs and the big difference I can see from an 52 or 71RS is they take a lap or two for them to fully warm up but after they can stay in good temp windows for more than 5 laps which is almost impossible with the others mentioned. the tires were great and got me a P1!

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I LOVE THEM... in all seriousness, I swapped to them from the 71rs and the big difference I can see from an 52 or 71RS is they take a lap or two for them to fully warm up but after they can stay in good temp windows for more than 5 laps which is almost impossible with the others mentioned. the tires were great and got me a P1!
What sort of hot pressures did you find optimal?

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I experimented with going a bit lower and went slower. Our relatively heavy front ends put a lot of stress on those front tires with both cornering and braking so I didn't think we could get away with those low pressures that light weight mid engine cars could.

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I experimented with going a bit lower and went slower. Our relatively heavy front ends put a lot of stress on those front tires with both cornering and braking so I didn't think we could get away with those low pressures that light weight mid engine cars could.
I tried 30 psi before and the tires just started to get slower, they seem to have a narrow window for peak performance right before they become greasy and slick but if you can find that window... these babies haul.

OP
OP

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am thinking 25 PSI cold is about right. Higher in the rear as they don't get as hot.

merakiautoworks

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
A bit of everything..
Country flag
Yes those and the AR-1 are hot sellers with us. We keep bunch of different sizes in stock. If anyone is interested, feel free to reach out for pricing.

-Josh
Sponsored