2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback Clutch Issues!

csrader

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civc, 1989 Ford Mustang Notchback.
Hello all,

So I have been banging my head over my damn clutch for about 5 months now.

So I have noticed that before changing the clutch it used to sit pretty well close to the top of the clutch pedal to engage. I was just under 100k miles so I knew it was time to change it. I did the research and found that it had a dual Mass flywheel and clutch set up. Just to replace the flywheel was ridiculous. So I did the Swap. I went to a single mass conversion kit.

Got it done in about 12 hours. Not bad for a newbie!

This is an upgraded unit and I did plenty of research before I changed to it. \

ClutchMax Pro Performance Stage 1 kit with Chromoly Flywheel.

Good news it dropped the flywheel weight by 45 percent. That has been nice. Some losses but not that I notice on a day to day trip. The one issue that I did notice that I can't seem to wrap my head around is the clutch engagement. It is super inconsistent. When it is cold it is right where the old clutch used to engage. Right at about 3/4 of pedal travel. However, when it warms up it goes to almost the top of the pedal.

I followed Manufactures driving recommendations which was no hard clutch dumps or driving hard on it for 5000 miles.

Has anyone else seen this? Any Idea on what might help get the clutch pedal back to midway for engagement?

The link is to the clutch I ordered and installed if that helps anyone.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CK52FNSF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Sponsored

OP
OP

csrader

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update to this. I have bled the clutch and no air came out. It has good pedal feel, but still sits right at the top of the pedal. I looked in the pedal adjustment, I don't believe this will help with the engagement or disengagement of the clutch itself.

OP
OP

csrader

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update to this. I have bled the clutch and no air came out. It has good pedal feel, but still sits right at the top of the pedal. I looked in the pedal adjustment, I don't believe this will help with the engagement or disengagement of the clutch itself.
[/QUOTE]

Okay another update. Clutch pedal adjustment didn't do anything. I am ordered a secondary CMC now.
Sponsored